Bitterroot Tri Race Report

Dan_P.
on 8/24/08 11:53 pm - Baltimore, MD
Rocky start and smooth ending. Glad you had a good time Linn!
Linn D.
on 8/25/08 8:23 am - Missoula, MT
Yeah, Dan, I did have a blast.  It was a great race and very well run.  Great participants as well.

Linn
Linn D.
on 8/25/08 8:18 am - Missoula, MT
Thanks a bunch, Scott!  I can't wait to hear about yours!

This whole tri thing is starting to become fun now that I've done a few and improved my swimming time and endurance.  I can't wait until it gets even better with some swim coaching (and time on my bike)!

Linn
kypdurran
on 8/24/08 11:50 pm - Baton Rouge, LA

Awesome job Linn!  Don't feel bad about your helmet.   It seems like in my giddy nervousness I always seem to forget something before a race.   Good that you found a store to hook you up though! 

I hate those steady incline hills that don't look like hills.   I'll always look down thinking thinking that I have a flat or that my brakes are rubbing.  

My race got cancelled over the weekend because of tropical storm Faye.   I'm seriously jonesing because I haven't raced in exactly 4 weeks!   No race next weekend either!   :(  But after that I'm booked up for the the rest of September into the middle of October. Heh heh. 

Chad

Linn D.
on 8/25/08 8:25 am - Missoula, MT
Thanks Chad!

I thought I was doing pretty well during the race, so it was nice to see the decent times.  Not great yet, mind you, but certainly respectable.

The next 2 weeks will go by quicky then you'll be off and running once again!  Looking forward to hearing about your next adventures!

Linn
MaryS
on 8/25/08 12:18 am - Long Island, NY
Linn,

What a great report!  You are just like me with forgetting things.  I've gotten myself so frustrated that I generally get everything together the night before now, it makes it a little less stressful for me.  Congrats on a great race - I am so impressed!

Mary

5'6" - 302/155-158 

Check my success story on my surgeon's website: my story
Check my blog: LosingForLife.com
Ran NYC Marathon 11/4/07 5:27:06

Linn D.
on 8/25/08 8:14 am - Missoula, MT
You know, Mary, when you do a running race all you have to do is be dressed with your number on!  These tris are a LOT more complicated.  It would be less stressful for me if I didn't have to do it all myself, but I guess it's time to be a big girl since I'M the one doing the races!!

Linn
misstilly
on 8/25/08 6:31 am - Cosby, TN
Great report Linn.  You are an inspiration to me.  I would love to do a tri but I think I'ww concentrate on getting a 10k then maybe 1/2 in first.

Sue

215/210/117/120
HW/SW/CW/GOAL  I'M AT MY GOAL

Linn D.
on 8/25/08 8:22 am - Missoula, MT
Hey Sue,

I think one of the things that makes me feel strong at the end is that I was a runner first.  I never have any doubt that I'll be able to finish the race as long as I swim fast enough to begin with.

Linn
Kevin A.
on 8/25/08 1:41 pm - Bombay, CA
RNY on 08/21/06 with
What a great race!! You should be very proud!! The best part of these races is see your improvements!
 "You have to be uncompromised in your level of commitment to whatever you are doing, or it can disappear as fast as it appeared." ~Michael Jordan~
Most Active