Screamin Knees - 5k Run - Join me if you dare

Kathy S.
on 8/19/08 4:34 am - InTheBurbs, XX
RNY on 08/29/04 with
Hey Everyone

If you know me you know I am a closet runner want to be.  However, these old knees just give me hell when I try.  I did accomplish a goal of running a 5k when I hit my goal a few years back.  Well, the goal was to cross the finish line and not on a stretcher
  Which I did

I think this must be one of the all time favorite goals for us during our journey.  I get questions all the time, how do I train, what do I do, how do I do it.  To be honest I didn't know.  I just jumped on my treadmill and tried to get up to 3 miles before the race.  Big mistake, as the road is way different than a treadmill. 

I am going to the Y tonight...they are having a formal training for our Fall 5k run (Sept. 28) that I did a few  years ago.  Do you want to train with me?  Find out if there is a fall 5k in your area.  If not, you can still train and learn and do it for yourself

COME ON, I DOUBLE DOG DARE YA

If you want to join me, go to your profile and for a goal let's call this the Screamin Knees - 5k.  That way we can track each others progress and cheer each other on.  WE CAN DO IT

I will post what I learned tonight tomorrow.  Watch for the thread called Screamin Knees

Take care,
Kathy

HW:330 - GW:150 - MW:118-125

RW:190 - CW:130

Most Active