Vitamin Storage Suggestions

puddin2day
on 8/19/08 3:55 am - Los Angeles, CA

Hello,

I have some  chewable calcium citrate wafers ( I take two per meal).  They are about the size of  a quarter and 1/4' thick.  I am having a difficult time finding a storage container (that is not too bulky) for them.  I want to be able to store 2 wafers per bag, box or whatever without taking up too much room in my purse.  I have to return a 7 day pill box to the Vitamin Shoppe, because the spaces are not large enough.  Any suggestions are helpful.

Thank you,

Kim

Without struggle, there is no progress.

Chris Zane
on 8/19/08 10:26 am
I have two different little Tupperware type things that I store them in.  I take 4 a day and it can hold all 4 plus two multivitamins and a B-12.  One is square/rectangle milky colored with a green lid and one is kind of cup shaped clear plastic with dark blue or red lids.  Or you could just use a snack size Ziploc baggie.
puddin2day
on 8/20/08 1:02 am - Los Angeles, CA
Zoe,

I think I have some of those snack baggies at home.  Thank you!

Kim

(deactivated member)
on 8/20/08 6:02 am, edited 8/20/08 6:03 am
Hey Kim,
 When you go back to the Vitamin Shoppe, ask for "The Pill Bag" These little bags are the bomb!!!! I use them daily, and I couldn't be without them!  They're pretty small, (3" wide and 2" thick) but I can put my whole morning vits in the one bag! I use two per day, one for AM and the other for PM. And yes, those big calicium citrate wafers, will fit just fine!
 I know they have them, (I work for the Vitamin Shoppe here in Modesto), but if they are currently out or choose not to not stock them you can: A) Have them special order you some or B) Order off the "The Pill Bag" website. Which is: http://www.thepillbag.com. Toll free number is 1-888-817-4033. I'm tellin' ya, they are awesome little bags!!
Edited to add: The best part? They're reuseable! And they last almost two weeks, carrying them in my purse! The cost? About 4 bucks for 100 bags.
puddin2day
on 8/20/08 6:08 am - Los Angeles, CA
Hi Lyn,

I had seen the little pill bags while I was there, but the guy who worked there discouraged me from using them saying that they were too small.  I had asked if I could see what one of the bags looked like and he said no because the bags were sealed. 
I have to go back there today to return the pill box (that did not work out), and I will get the bags instead. 
Thank you, Lyn.

Kim

mommyluvstwo
on 8/21/08 1:27 am - Huntington Beach, CA
RNY on 11/05/07 with
Hi Kim,
Were do you get the calcuim wafers? I would love to get those instead of the pills.

Thanks
Willa

Live everyday like there is no tomorrow!!

puddin2day
on 8/21/08 1:40 am - Los Angeles, CA
Hi Willa,
I purchased the calicum wafers at the Vitamin Shoppe.  If you go to the store, look for the Calicium section and you will find them there.  They are put out by Twin Labs and they are citrus flavored.  Go to the www.Vitaminshoppe.com, print out the screen with the price of the wafers and take it to the store.  When you show them that print out, they will honor that price (no matter what the price is in the store).  When I purchased mine earlier this week, I paid $8 but in the store regular price was $12 and sale price was $10.  So you see I saved big $$ just on that alone.  On the bottle, it says to take 4 wafers for 400 mg of calcium, but since our bodies only absorbs 200-250 mgs at a time,  I only take  2 wafers at each meal.

puddin2day
on 8/21/08 1:42 am - Los Angeles, CA
Lyn,

Just wanted to give you an update.  I purchased the pill bags and the wafers fit in there just fine.
Thank you so much.

Kim

(deactivated member)
on 8/21/08 6:36 am
You're welcome! Any time I can help, just let me know!
Most Active