Tuesday workout!

Rob S.
on 8/19/08 3:39 am - DE
Well this morning, I met with my physical therapist.  He is fairly well known in these parts and his wife was an olympic distance runner, and the thing I like about him the most is that he does not try and stop you from running.  In fact he encourages you to do whatever you like.  So he gave me a soft muscle massage of my legs.  I'll get two of these a week for awhile, until I gain some additional flexibility.  For those of you that have not had one of these, I highly recommend them, although a word of warning, it may bring you to tears.
He wants me to limit my weekly runs to 15-miles outside, and some combination of 100-miles spinning, cycling and indoor running.   I am also now going to add pool running to my regimen, as well as yoga, and stretching.  It's great that I have all this free time.   In the past, I would have been eating and watching TV and then eating some more.
Rob
puddin2day
on 8/19/08 3:45 am - Los Angeles, CA
I ran 2 miles this morning at a 15 minute pace.  That is good for the Long Beach Half Marathon.

Rob, you are an exercising machine.  Great routine.

Kim
Without struggle, there is no progress.

Linn D.
on 8/19/08 10:43 am - Missoula, MT
Rob,

Glad you have some good assistance!  It's great working with someone who KNOWS and understands.

My workout was a spin class followed by a 30-minute run for 3.4 miles.  It was awfully stuffy and I have a race this week so I thought I'd shorten today's run a little and go a little longer for tomorrow's speed workout.

Linn
Elisa K.
on 8/19/08 10:08 pm - Lumberton, NJ
I was able to do 1.75 miles last night.  I've been battling bronchitis for a few weeks, so running was out of the question - I could not breath (that was scary!!).  I can not believe how much I had missed it!!!  I was at the point where I was starting to see progress in my body, and I was starting to drop weight again.  Hopefully, I can snap back to where I was before I got sick!
Sherry_Berry
on 8/19/08 10:13 pm - Dacula, GA
It's my recovery week so I had a one hour hell Tuesday bike trainer workout and I did only a mile for my brick. It was 90 out. I don't fair well in the heat.
MaryS
on 8/19/08 10:55 pm - Long Island, NY
I had a training session with my trainer that was brutal and I did about 4.5 miles on the treadmill.  Rob - sounds like you have a great plan!  I wish I had more time for exercise.

5'6" - 302/155-158 

Check my success story on my surgeon's website: my story
Check my blog: LosingForLife.com
Ran NYC Marathon 11/4/07 5:27:06

Most Active