Calling All Yoga Experts! Help Needed!

milehi7
on 8/18/08 2:56 am - Colorado Springs, CO
Hello Everyone!
I am wanting to learn yoga and have absolutely no idea where to start!! 
I have been interested it for years but was always too intimidated to even watch a class...
My WLS is 2 weeks away and when able, I am going to walk into a class head held high but need to know where to start...Hatha?  Ashtanga?  Anusara?  Vinyasa? 
Why can't it just be called "Beginners"?? 
V-

Linn D.
on 8/18/08 4:03 am - Missoula, MT
It's my understanding that there are different levels, and level 1 is for beginners.  Most classes should be advertised that way.  The club I go to has a gentle yoga class that is designed for beginners, and the student rec center at my University also advertises their classes that way.  I don't do yoga myself, but I understand that all the classes you mentioned are a little different form and I believe they all have beginning and advanced poses.  If you belong to a gym, ask one of the personal trainers what classes you might be able to do and benefit from the most.  There are also a lot of yoga studios and they would have all that information for you as well.

Hope you find something that works for you!  I'm thinking about adding some to my workout regime as well.  I've been hearing about how good it is for runners also.

Linn
Most Active