Sunday Workout

MaryS
on 8/17/08 1:56 am - Long Island, NY
Today I did a leisurely 12 mile bike ride - no speed records here - LOL.  It was nice to get out and just meander around.  I even did an errand and picked up breakfast along the way.  I enjoyed the added benefit of saving gas!

Mary

5'6" - 302/155-158 

Check my success story on my surgeon's website: my story
Check my blog: LosingForLife.com
Ran NYC Marathon 11/4/07 5:27:06

Cassie W.
on 8/17/08 3:41 am
Mary,  I'm enjoying the bike, too.  It's a nice break from running. I enjoyed a 20-mile bike ride this morning to loosen things up after yesterday's long run. When a friend recommended that I bike "to recover" after my long runs, I thought she was nuts. How could more make me feel better? But, the biking seems to help me stretch out the tired muscles and lubricate the joints. By the time, I'm done with my ride all the residual soreness from the run is gone.

Cassie
"Hard things take time to do. Impossible things take a little longer."

Linn D.
on 8/17/08 6:39 am - Missoula, MT
Since my body didn't cooperate with me completely yesterday, I did my 3 + 1.5 miles to get my total miles to 25 this week.  I actually do feel better now after getting it all done, and after the first mile or so, my legs started to feel better again.  I guess that's why they call it a recovery run!

Mowed and weed-eated the lawn. 

Was going to get out on my new bike, but I'm not sure I will.  That one remains to be seen.  Maybe later this evening...

Linn
Rob S.
on 8/17/08 8:35 am - DE
Thanks for starting it up Mary.  Today I got in a 20-mile bike training ride with my running partner.  She has never biked so we only averaged about 15mph.  Some of the road were being repaved, so the hills were pretty dangerous.  I dropped her back off at her house after about ninety minutes.  Since I didn't feel tired, and knew everyone was still sleeping back at the house, I retraced the route again in under fifty minutes. 
Spent the rest of the day mowing the lawn, doing the grocery shopping, and wondering why there was not enough time to take a nap.
Rob
Amanda K.
on 8/17/08 11:42 am - Leesburg, VA

Hi Mary,

I ran 4 miles today and plan on doing 4 tomorrow too... Beautiful weather... gotta love it!

Amanda  

Aims
on 8/17/08 9:47 pm - Whiteman AFB, MO
Yesterday I walked 2 miles at the zoo, LOL! Also pushed the kiddos in the double stroller loaded down with TOO much stuff.

Didn't think it was that much untl I got up this morning and was down 2 pounds, yay!

I am able to routine to my regular routine today: water aerobics 2x a week, learning to run and finally I can start lifting weights again, yay!!!

Amy

puddin2day
on 8/18/08 3:52 am - Los Angeles, CA
I did the Midnight Madness.  It was an 18 mile bike ride around various parts of San Diego.  By the time I rode back to the hostel, add another 2 miles.  I had a great time, and would do it again.

Kim
Without struggle, there is no progress.

Most Active