Saturday workout!

Rob S.
on 8/16/08 11:26 am - DE
It's late so someone must have done something today.
It was gorgeous here this morning, so I went for a 5-mile run.  Could have gone farther, but decided to save it for another day. 
Have a good weekend.
Rob
Linn D.
on 8/16/08 11:59 am - Missoula, MT

Today was my long run, but I only made it 8.5 miles.  The first 7 were great, but after having to stop for the potty, the body just decided that's what it needed to do, so although I actually felt better this week, the digestive system wouldn't let me do it.  I'll make up the 1.5 tomorrow.  The actual marathon training plan starts Sept 15, so there's some time...

Take it easy everyone!

Linn
wjoegreen
on 8/16/08 2:43 pm, edited 8/16/08 2:43 pm - Colonial Heights, VA
My morning workout was replanned from my long jog to a 10K walk with my 23 yr old daughter that turned into a walk to the mall,... but we walked to all the stores and lunch and walked the long way home and stay out from walking from 9:15 a.m. to 1:30, with 30 min lunch break for a splenda fruit smoothie with whey protein.  With the route we walked and the detours to 3 stores and the store in the mall we visited, it looks like we hiked about 10 miles.

Then later this evening, determined to still get in a jog at 8:50 p.m. I went out for my long jog I would have missed if I hadn't gone late, even after a chili and baked potato dinner at my Mom's at 5:30 p.m.  The chili was killing me 3 hours later,... but I finished my 8.3 mile route and surprisingly in 1hr 25mins.  I had to keep taking walking breaks but I am more pleased I got the distance in after a crummy last two months of training.  And very pleased withm my time considering my lack of consistent training.  Now I just need to keep with a consistent routine to benefit from this best day in a while. 

The legs were rubbery to begin with but held up pretty good.  I was really pleased at the 10K mark because that was as far as I had planned to go, but I felt a burst of energy where I turn to come home so I kept straight and did the 2.3 mile longer route.  Even though I was pretty spent. at the end, I even had a burst of energy the last mile of the route and was able to speed up the last 2 blocks to my unofficial finish line.  So overall, I am feeling pretty good about the day,...except I didn't get the grass cut.  Bad Joe, Bad husband! 

Thanks for the post and for everyone's inspiring accomplishments.  You guys are the knot in the end of my rope.

Joe Green 
Colonial Heights VA
[email protected]
Seht
on 8/16/08 3:36 pm
Hit the assisted pull up machine
Wide grip
military pull up
chin up
paralell grip
with a set of dips between each type of pull up.
Then on to the chest machines.

Followed it all up with a little pool time
only 400 meters.  It felt good.

Scott

The first time you do something - It's going to be a personal record!

Cassie W.
on 8/16/08 9:58 pm
With only 7 more weeks until the Wineglass Marathon, my long runs are making that familiar climb.  My running partner mapped out a new 16-mile route with lots of hills.  The first 10 miles were up and down.  The last six miles were just up.  So, we were pretty excited to finish with an average pace of 10:37.

Nice job Joe getting out there at the end of the day! 

Cassie
"Hard things take time to do. Impossible things take a little longer."

wjoegreen
on 8/19/08 5:34 am - Colonial Heights, VA
Thanks Cassie.  You seem to be doing wonderfully. I admire your routine.
Joe Green 
Colonial Heights VA
[email protected]
MaryS
on 8/17/08 1:31 am - Long Island, NY
I did 14 miles and it was tough.  The humidity was back yesterday and I had some intestinal issues.  But I finished the 14 miles and that is the victory!

Mary

5'6" - 302/155-158 

Check my success story on my surgeon's website: my story
Check my blog: LosingForLife.com
Ran NYC Marathon 11/4/07 5:27:06

Kevin A.
on 8/18/08 1:21 am - Bombay, CA
RNY on 08/21/06 with
8 mile run!! Man did it suck!!! I ended up walking the last 2 miles. Knee and legs were in pain. I could have tough it out but why pu**** 2 weeks before my Disney 1/2 marathon!!

"You have to be uncompromised in your level of commitment to whatever you are doing, or it can disappear as fast as it appeared." ~Michael Jordan~
Most Active