TGIF Workouts!

Linn D.
on 8/15/08 6:18 am - Missoula, MT
Hey All!  What are your workout plans for today?

I had a sort of easy day today.  Did my wonderful Tai Chi Chih class, did upper body strength training, then did a 1000 yd swim.  I did my swim in 27 minutes today, which is good for me since I'm so slow.  It looks like I'll be able to do my tri swim (750 yd) well within the 28 minute time limit!

Linn
Rob S.
on 8/15/08 10:14 am - DE
Today I did a session of yoga at home following a vinyasa session recommended by my PT to help loosen my hamstrings and work on knees.  It was a lot of fun.  It is on a DVD called Insight Yoga by Sarah Powers.   I will start doing this every other morning before truding into work.
Rob
Linn D.
on 8/15/08 10:29 am - Missoula, MT
Rob,

That's great!  I've been hearing more and more about yoga being quite beneficial to runners.  I'm seriously thinking about doing some myself once school starts.  The student rec center offers lots of free classes for students.  My gym does as well, but not many when I would find it convenient.

I'll be interested in hearing about what it does for you.

Linn
totalfreedom
on 8/15/08 2:46 pm - Northern CA
Hi Linn,

Do you by chance have the Dish network? If so on channel 9575 Viera channel, there is a yoga class daily for a full hour called yoga for life 9:00 am in CA. There is also a pilates class at 5:00am. I have a DVR, so i tape them. That way I can do it at home at my convenience.

Just a thought,

Keli

Kelli
5' 1, 221pds to 120pds, BMI: 42.5 to 22.8, Size 22WP to 2P.  
Dr. Agha-Newport Beach, CA:  
12.29.08:TT/LBL/UTL/BL/Butt Aug!
 5.10.09: Face/Neck Lift,Implants,lipo, lower eyelids,fat transfer

Brian W.
on 8/15/08 11:49 am - Belmont, CA
TGIF Indeed!

Well since I didn't run yesterday due to work issues, I ran today.

4.5 miles in 49:59 but was extremely hilly with a long incline on the backside, so a good time considering all that.  Legs did feel a bit dead, so hope they will rebound on Sunday.

Brian
~350
Linn D.
on 8/15/08 2:12 pm - Missoula, MT
Nice job getting out there today, Brian!

You know, I don't mind hills nearly as much on a bike as I do running.  It's probably just mental, but hats off to ya!

Linn
Aims
on 8/15/08 1:58 pm - Whiteman AFB, MO
Wah, nothing! I have caught a cold but I did run the baby to the Doctor, cleaned the house (my parents are visiting) ran to the grocery store and I'm beat!

Tomorrow we are going to the Air Show here on base, so I plan to get at least 1-2 miles of walking in, yay!

Amy

totalfreedom
on 8/15/08 2:04 pm - Northern CA
Good job everyone!

Well today I did my usual step/body sculpting class. What was unusual was that I and the leader were the only two in the class. Lucky for me, the leader is my personal trainer. So we had a great full hour of training. Lots of aerobics with stepping and jumping. Dumb bell presses and weight bar, too. Excellent ab crunches and lunges. I was sweating it big time and it wasn't because of the 110 temp outside!

Kelli

Kelli
5' 1, 221pds to 120pds, BMI: 42.5 to 22.8, Size 22WP to 2P.  
Dr. Agha-Newport Beach, CA:  
12.29.08:TT/LBL/UTL/BL/Butt Aug!
 5.10.09: Face/Neck Lift,Implants,lipo, lower eyelids,fat transfer

Deanna34
on 8/16/08 12:16 am - Salem, OR
Seeing that is was 100+ degrees here yesterday I opted for the treadmill at the gym!!!  I ran 2 miles and walked 1/2 a mile.  --Deanna  :)

"Don't be afraid your life will end; be afraid it will never begin."
--Grace Hansen

Weight lost:  140 pounds

Linn D.
on 8/16/08 12:35 am - Missoula, MT
Deanna,

Your heat wave is coming my way, so I'm glad I'm getting my long run in just before it hits us hard!

Linn
Most Active