Anyone do Curves? What do you think of it...

rockysmom
on 8/15/08 12:54 am - Dartmouth, MA
I'm trying to find a program I will actually do and stick with.  Have a gym membership (have had it for 10 years, but rarely go).  I had RNY on April 1st and am doing great but having trouble getting motivated into an excercise and toning up program.  Currently I walk my dog twice a day - 15 minutes am, 45 to 1 hour in the evening, and take a ballroom dance class 1 hour a week.  This is pretty much the same excercise I was doing before surgery (the dance class is new).  I was considering Curves - I feel as though my walking and dancing pretty much takes care of the aerobic excercise, but I feel like I need toning and strength building.  Does Curves help with that?  What is the usually cost - contract requirement? 
Chris Zane
on 8/15/08 8:37 am
I belonged to Curves before my surgery.  They are independently owned and are HIGHLY variable.  I would suggest that you get a test week or two before you commit to it.  I think that the workout is pretty good - if the owner keeps the machines tight - some do and some don't.

The advantages are that it is quick and easy and routine.  The downside is that you may find it too easy after a while.  I think that when I joined, you had to join for a year and it was $29 a month.

Good luck.
rockysmom
on 8/16/08 10:14 am - Dartmouth, MA
thanks for the info!  I had suspected it might get too easy - might be a good place to start.
Most Active