Sidelined with Bronchitis

Elisa K.
on 8/15/08 12:30 am, edited 8/17/08 10:07 am - Lumberton, NJ
I haven't been able to run in about a month - I developed bronchitis.  The doctor put me on an antibiotic and an inhaler.  I felt a little better after a week, but still not great.  Went back, and he gave me a steriod inhaler.  I tried to run a few times, but just could not breath. 

I can not believe how much I miss running!!  I have two races lined up this month, but I think I may not be able to run - I haven't had any training.  I do feel better - I am going to try to run this weekend.  I hope that I can breath!!

Sorry - just needed to whine a bit.  Thanks for letting me have a little pity party - LOL!
Linn D.
on 8/15/08 5:58 am - Missoula, MT
Feel free to whine to us any time!  Those of us *****ally count on our workouts and runs know what it's like to miss it - and then have to regain the losses after missing for a while.

Take good care of yourself and allow the body to do its thing before you tax it too much...

Linn
Elisa K.
on 8/15/08 10:08 am - Lumberton, NJ
Thanks for understanding Linn!  I'm trying to be patient, but I really want to get out there.  I may try a little run tomorrow - I've been so antsy since I haven't been able to go out!
wjoegreen
on 8/16/08 3:13 pm - Colonial Heights, VA
If you can walk, that is better than not getting out at all.  Tuff break.  Hope you heal up and are OK to hit the road again soon.  Its is almost theraputic for me.
Joe Green 
Colonial Heights VA
[email protected]
MaryS
on 8/17/08 1:46 am - Long Island, NY
I hope you are feeling well enough to run soon!  It sucks not to be able to once you become used to running.  Let us know how it goes.

Mary

5'6" - 302/155-158 

Check my success story on my surgeon's website: my story
Check my blog: LosingForLife.com
Ran NYC Marathon 11/4/07 5:27:06

Elisa K.
on 8/19/08 10:04 pm - Lumberton, NJ
Thanks guys!!  I am feeling much better, and ran a bit last night.  Just before I got sick, I was up to 4.5 miles on my Sat long run, and 3.75 miles on my weekday runs.  Boy, it is amazing how fast you lose the stamina!!  I did 1.75 miles last night.  The good thing was I was able to run the whole time, though my breathing wasn't as controlled and deep as it was.  Hopefully, I can snap back in a week or two.

Thanks so much for your support and understanding!! 
Most Active