MRI Results in - do you think Im doing more harm

rreiny
on 8/14/08 4:43 am - Epsom, NH
On my 3rd 5K this year, the day after I had major sciatic attack and landed in the ER.  Drugs and more drugs was the drs stupid suggestion.  Took matters into my own hands and make PT appts to see if that would help.  I have drop foot from this and after 8 visits to PT I had to call adn request MRI.  Took two weeks of trying to get that but finally did.  Had to recall a couple times to get results but (finally) got that yesterday.  Narrowing of L3, bulging of L4.  I have a 5K tonight in which I will run slowly (we are talking about a 12 minute mile) - I don't think this will be  a problem - ran another slow race 3 weeks ago and didn't seem to hurt anymore than it has been.  Does anyone had this issue - is it posible to hurt anymore than I am - can't bulge anymore can it?
Brian W.
on 8/14/08 7:43 am - Belmont, CA
With back injuries, I think its always possible to hurt it more than it already is.  Personally, I'd never fool around with bulging discs.

I see a chiropractor on a monthly basis to get adjusted and I haven't had any back problems in a year or so.  Running is very hard on the body.

Good luck

Brian
~350

Elisa K.
on 8/15/08 12:25 am - Lumberton, NJ
Be careful with the back injury!!  I would lay off the running until you feel better.  Have you spoken to your doctor?  I see what he says.  You can make a bulging disc worse!!  Been there, done that - spent 6 weeks in traction!!

Work with your doctor - be careful!!!
Most Active