Body Rebellion

Linn D.
on 8/15/08 8:49 am - Missoula, MT
There's a very good PharmD program here in Missoula, MT so I'm lucky I don't have to move.  I thought about physical therapy, but at my age, I thought I'd be more employable for longer.

Good luck with your PhD!  I enjoyed grad school when I was doing my MS in Biochem.  Loved the environment and the group dynamics.

Thanks again,

Linn
wjoegreen
on 8/15/08 11:01 am - Colonial Heights, VA
Jeremy, (JG)

Thanks for the detailed response and the time to check my blog for specifics.  I you certaily hit another aspect that I had found a bit confusing.  I was going faster over the same distance as before the break in routine, even though I was walking more frequently/able to run less distance without walking to catch my breath.  It seemed an anomally.  Then the fatigue after just two days was incredible comparibly speaking to past interval workouts.  It must be the thigh and calf glycogen issues you addressed.  I have also read that these kinds o fworkouts can help build new capilaries to get more blood to the muscles being worked and and that is part of the recovery and training schedule that is tough but can make me a better runner if it doesn't kill me first.  
Thanks again for the info and detail.  I also recently registered for a 10K in Richmond for Oct 11 as a warmup and additional motivation to keep myself honest in training committment for the Nov 15 half.

Joe Green (JG also) what a hoot!

Joe Green 
Colonial Heights VA
[email protected]
Most Active