Disneyland 1/2 Marathon

deniseg0824
on 8/13/08 7:17 am
Hello...I was just wondering if anyone out there is signed up for the Disneyland 1/2 marathon on 8/31/08?  I have many supporters (family & friends) but I will be running/walking on my own that day.  This is one of my personal goals to complete since I had the Lap-band surgery in January.  Would be nice to have some company if anyone else out there has this same goal since surgery!  I tried this same marathon 2 years ago with some friends and sad to say I was the only one to not get to the finish line.  I was picked up at mile 10.  So you can why this is such a personal goal for me.
kypdurran
on 8/13/08 7:36 am - Baton Rouge, LA

A few of us are doing the full in January but I don't think I could brave a half or a full marathon in August! 
You're gonna do fine though.   I've never done that course but it's Disney so it must be better than the rest!  :)

Kevin A.
on 8/13/08 8:00 am - Bombay, CA
RNY on 08/21/06 with
Me, Kirsten, Helen and Monica P. (All OH people) are all doing the Disney 1/2 marathon. I finished last year it was fun but it was also the hottest day of the summer!! It was 80 degrees at 5am!! My goal for last year was not to get picked up. This year I would like to finish under 3 hours!! Maybe we can all meet up??
 "You have to be uncompromised in your level of commitment to whatever you are doing, or it can disappear as fast as it appeared." ~Michael Jordan~
deniseg0824
on 8/13/08 8:11 am

Do you run the whole time?  I have been training run/walking.  That would be great if we could meet up!  Do you remember what time you signed up with?  I know that we all get assigned to a certain coral based on time...I know how crazy that morning is so if you can let me know where you guys are meeting maybe I would be able to find you.

Kevin A.
on 8/13/08 8:45 am - Bombay, CA
RNY on 08/21/06 with
No way!! I do the run walk also. Last year I did 2/2 this year I thinking about starting with 2/1 and kick it up to 3/1. I'm not fast at all so I'll be in the very last coral. You can check my profile about my race day last year!!
 "You have to be uncompromised in your level of commitment to whatever you are doing, or it can disappear as fast as it appeared." ~Michael Jordan~
Most Active