Wednesday Exercise

Linn D.
on 8/13/08 11:21 am - Missoula, MT
Happy Hump Day!

All you exercisers, what's the good word?

My workout, when I finally got to it this afternoon, was a speed workout (prompted by Scott).
10 min warm-up at 6.9
3 repeats of 7.2 for 5 min then 6.9 for 2 min
finished at 6.9 for the remainder of the 4 miles

I would've liked to do the repeats faster, but since it's been a while and I didn't have control of the good fan, I opted for a slightly less difficult workout.

Linn
Aims
on 8/13/08 12:15 pm - Whiteman AFB, MO
1 hour of water aerobics with a noodle, whew! Then I decided to swim laps and accomplished 1/4 of a mile, someday I will swim a MILE!

Amy

MaryS
on 8/13/08 11:13 pm - Long Island, NY
Linn,

I did a speed workout too - but not quite as fast as yours:)  I was very happy with it!  It amazes me to think about how much I've progressed over time.  While generally I perfer to run outside, I am starting to think that speed workouts are better for me on the treadmill, I can't slack off when the speed is set - it's keep up or fall off! LOL

Mary

5'6" - 302/155-158 

Check my success story on my surgeon's website: my story
Check my blog: LosingForLife.com
Ran NYC Marathon 11/4/07 5:27:06

Kevin A.
on 8/14/08 12:53 am - Bombay, CA
RNY on 08/21/06 with
Weights-Chest, Back and Arms!! Spin class and a very very short run!!

"You have to be uncompromised in your level of commitment to whatever you are doing, or it can disappear as fast as it appeared." ~Michael Jordan~
Deanna34
on 8/14/08 12:58 am - Salem, OR
I spent 1 hour lifting weights for legs and shoulders.  Then I only had time to run 1.50 miles.  Better than nothin' though!  Still having issues with low Ferritin levels ... ugh!  --Deanna  :)

"Don't be afraid your life will end; be afraid it will never begin."
--Grace Hansen

Weight lost:  140 pounds

Rob S.
on 8/14/08 5:43 am - DE
Yesterday was terrible.  I went out for the Lance 5k on the Brandywine.  I had trouble getting through, trouble breathing, trouble with my knee, and just a bad attitude.  I finished in my slowest time yet.  I don't know if it just the knee that is causing me to run slower, or if running longer distances is causing me to run slower, but I need to figure it quick.
On a positive note...I'm still one of the oldest RNY runners on the East Coast.  And I should make up for my slow time, by punishing a few 20-year olds today on a 40-mile bike ride.
Rob
Most Active