Is this possible

Seht
on 8/13/08 8:04 am
Hello,

So I am still working on losing weight.  I'm 6' 1" and currently 215, and my goal weight is 188.
Here is a little history of my physical stats, I don't know if it will be helpful in figuring out if my goal is possible or not.

My heaviest weight was 441 pounds
Day of Surgery I was 331 pound
Currently I am 215 pounds
My initial goal weight is 188

O.K. so now on to the real question.
Once I get to 188, I want and need to regain muscle.  I have become a 98 pound weakling.... well a 215 pound weakling and I'm all bony.  I have no padding except for the extra skin.  I'm finding bones and pokey parts that I never new I had.

So once I get to 188 I want to put weight back on until I get to 200 pounds.  But I want that 12 pounds to be muscle.  Is it possible to add 12 pounds of muscle to your body?  And how long would that take to do?

Thanks

Scott

The first time you do something - It's going to be a personal record!

kypdurran
on 8/13/08 10:17 am - Baton Rouge, LA

Sure man.  Hit the weights HARD and sustain each pound of your lean body mass with a 1.5 - 2grams of protein and you'll pack on the muscle.   I'll look back on the mens board and see if I can find the formula I posted for LBM calculation.  

Seht
on 8/13/08 10:21 am
Thanks!

Scott

The first time you do something - It's going to be a personal record!

wjoegreen
on 8/14/08 1:52 am, edited 8/14/08 1:52 am - Colonial Heights, VA
Yo Seht,
Absolutely!  Just the walking and joggin I have been doing over the last year (with some occassional low weight/hi rep upper body work) have caused me to gain 12 pounds and keep the same 40" waist line as my body fat ratio, according to the surgeon's office, has continue to fall from 28% to 22% to 19%.  My lowest from 408 got to 224, then I went up to 238 and now I bounce around between 238 and 246, with the same 40" waist.
Joe Green 
Colonial Heights VA
[email protected]
Most Active