Hi, I'm New!

Aims
on 8/11/08 12:09 am - Whiteman AFB, MO
My name is Amy, I'm 34 and a mother of 4 wonderful children. I underwent RNY last month and I am down 50 pounds with 22 of those pounds lost before surgery due to diet but mostly exercise.

I am craving movement now, it's so much easier but I truly miss my circuit weights, I'm not cleared to start back on those for another 3 weeks.

I've worked myself up to 2.5 miles on the ellipitcal and also used some arm weights to help condition my arms which are flab-u-los.

Started a water aerobics class last week with an instructor who is affectionally known as the water nazi but I think she ROCKS!!! The class is 1 hour long, my endurance surprises me and I do about 95% of the activites, some though are just to much on my abdomen but I'm looking forward to kicking it up a notch when the healing is done.

Anyways....I've blabbed on enough. I'm glad to be here, glad to have a new boyfriend *the gym*, LOL, Hubby thinks that one is REAL funny

Amy

Deanna34
on 8/11/08 12:41 am - Salem, OR
Welcome aboard, Amy!  It sounds like you are doing GREAT with your work outs!!!  My prediction is that you'll be signing up for your first 5K before you know it!!!  --Deanna  :)

"Don't be afraid your life will end; be afraid it will never begin."
--Grace Hansen

Weight lost:  140 pounds

Aims
on 8/11/08 1:08 am - Whiteman AFB, MO
Thanks so much! I want to learn how to run, it is something that I haven't done since the 6th grade and even then (being physically active and in shape) I couldn't do it w/o sounding like I was going to lose a lung.

I am suppose to start up this week with a trainer at our AFB to figure things out, LOL!

Amy

Linn D.
on 8/11/08 1:29 am - Missoula, MT
Great to have you here, Amy!  This is a forum full of great people.

Exercise in all its forms is great, and I'm glad to hear you enjoying your workouts.

If you have ANY interest in running, you'll find that it's one of the greatest exercises for mind and body.  I won't kid you, it's hard at first, but I love it, and never thought I would.

Linn
Aims
on 8/11/08 2:58 am - Whiteman AFB, MO
Thanks so much! I *imagine* myself in the near future or at least doing something more aggressive. I am thinking about running/walking a 10K here in Omaha next month but I have to coordinate care for the kiddos and it's year-end for the Air Force so I am a single parent until October 1st. Sigh....

Amy

puddin2day
on 8/11/08 6:40 am - Los Angeles, CA

Hi Amy,

Welcome to the exercise board.  You will learn a great deal here and also get lots of support.

Kim

Without struggle, there is no progress.

Aims
on 8/11/08 8:56 am - Whiteman AFB, MO
Thanks so much ladies, you ROCK!!!! I am so glad I'm here, I am motivated and ready to learn and burn!

Amy

Amy

cmr3399
on 8/14/08 3:20 am - Bayville, NJ

Hi Amy

I'm new to getting my but in gear 2....good luck...keep in touch if you would like...I need all the support I can get at this point.....

Christine

'Nothing Tastes as good as THIN FEELS!"

Most Active