Rain or Shine

MyQnA
on 8/10/08 7:33 pm
Good Morning All,

Simple question.  If you workout outside, like walking biking, or running.  Do you do it even in the rain?  I moved from a climate where rain is seasonal.  You know early spring there will be showers and maybe other times of the year but primarily early spring.  I now live in a climate where it rains nearly everyday.  How can I keep up my routine without taking risk of getting sick.  Or is that all togehter a myth.

Best Regards,
Maxine

I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me. 

Scott William
on 8/10/08 10:31 pm
I think the getting sick thing is a myth.  We are more likely to get sick in the winter because we are stuck inside where the germs have an easy time getting too us. 

As far as running in the rain, I will take it over the heat but for hard rain, I hit the treadmill at my gym.  There is nothing worse than running with wet feet. 

Is it possible to find a different time of day to run or does it rain all day?

Good luck
Scott

Link to my running journal
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1303681

4 full's - 14 halves - 2 goofy's and one Mt. Washington!
MyQnA
on 8/10/08 11:04 pm
You never know when it is going to rain.  It usually rains early morning, my favorite time to run.  But, I can just put on my rain jacket and do it to it.  Unfortuantely for me no gym in the area.

marsheeeee
on 8/11/08 3:22 am - Jackson, MS
I guess it's personal preference, as long as it's not lightning and the rain isn't too heavy.  I ran in the rain the other day and rather enjoyed it, but that might have been because it was relatively cool.  I live in the deep south in the States, where it is hot and humid most of the time, so this was delightful.   But I think the getting sick thing is a myth.

Marcia
kypdurran
on 8/11/08 11:32 pm - Baton Rouge, LA

Well living in Louisiana we are pretty much guaranteed heavy afternoon showers from July - the beginning of September.  I don't like riding in the rain but I cherish the times when it's pouring and I'm out running.   Something about being soaked to the bone and running is calming to me.  The way I look at it is they don't stop the Ironman for rain so why should I stop my training.  :)

As far as the getting sick thing, I'm not a doctor or anything but I think that's total BS. 

Best of luck!

Chad

MyQnA
on 8/11/08 11:41 pm
Thanks for the feedback.  I don't think I can handle getting soaked but, I did run for the first time this morning in the rain.  I was fine and don't think Ineed any vitamin C or soup.

Maxine

Most Active