Saturday exercise

Cassie W.
on 8/9/08 10:52 am
Today was my long run - 14 miles around the lake.  Now, that my mileage is making that climb towards the October marathon, I'm back to sitting in an icebath for 10 minutes after I go long.  It really seems to make a difference in my recovery.

Cassie
"Hard things take time to do. Impossible things take a little longer."

MaryS
on 8/9/08 12:09 pm - Long Island, NY
I had my long run today too - 12 miles!  It was a great day for a run here - low humidity and not too hot.  Makes the 12 miles a whole lot easier.  Good for you on the icebath - I just can't get myself to do it.  I hear it really does make a difference.

Mary

5'6" - 302/155-158 

Check my success story on my surgeon's website: my story
Check my blog: LosingForLife.com
Ran NYC Marathon 11/4/07 5:27:06

Cassie W.
on 8/10/08 6:50 am
Hi Mary,

My husband gets a good laugh every time I sit in the icebath - naked from the waist down, bundled in a sweatshirt, a cup of steaming tea and Runners World for distraction.  That's the only way I can stand it.

Glad you had a great run too.  The weather has been been tough for us in the northeast this summer.  The reprieve from the heat and humidity was certainly a welcome relief.

Cassie

Linn D.
on 8/9/08 1:34 pm - Missoula, MT

I did my long run today too, but it was only 10.  But, I also did a spin class.  Kind of a monster workout for me today.  I usually do my long runs on Sunday, but I have CPR class tomorrow.

Linn
Cassie W.
on 8/10/08 6:52 am
Linn,

10 miles on top of a spin class counts for 20, doesn't it?

Cassie

Scott William
on 8/10/08 12:28 am
Well look at this.  I too did my LR on Sat.  It was an awesome 16 miles.  The cool weather made for the best workout I have had in a year. 

I broke the run in to 4 - 4 mile parts and my goal was 44 minutes each.
I did the first 4 in 44.13 for an 11:03 average
second four in 43:46 for a 10:56 average
thirs four in 43:44 for a 10:55 average and
the last four in  41:08 for a 10:22 average.

The 16 mile total was 2:55.52

Since my marathon PR is 5:20, I am well in reach of breaking it by an hour or so.
Scott

Link to my running journal
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1303681

4 full's - 14 halves - 2 goofy's and one Mt. Washington!
Cassie W.
on 8/10/08 6:55 am
Awesome times Scott!  It's amazine how much better we run when the heat and humidity cooperate.  Do you have a marathon planned before Disney?

Cassie

Scott William
on 8/10/08 10:19 pm
I don't have one planned as in signed up.  I would really like to do Hartford on October 11 but I am an Army football season ticket holder and there is a game that day.  I am only about 4 weeks from being marathon ready and I don't want to waste it.  I will look for something else without having to go too far.

I guess we will see.

You?
Scott

Link to my running journal
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1303681

4 full's - 14 halves - 2 goofy's and one Mt. Washington!
jnypooh
on 8/10/08 12:36 pm - Westminister, CO
I ran a half marathon today.  Pulled a groin muscle with about 4 miles to go.  Thought I could just work it out.  I finished in 2:11 but could not walk for the rest of the day and most of today.
That has never happened before lots of pain.  I've been resting, icing today.

Jennifer

Jennifer
RNY 6/17/2003
336/150/140 at goal

Linn D.
on 8/10/08 1:22 pm - Missoula, MT
Nice job on your half!

One of our other beloved folks pulled a groin doing her half, but seems to be doing fine now.  Just be thankful it wasn't a hamstring, and take good care of yourself for a while!

Linn
Most Active