I am back!

NicoleLynn
on 8/5/08 3:36 am - Minneapolis, MN
Sorry I was MIA for a while, but it was a bit depressing not being able to run or walk and then the bike I was planning to use was dead, well the tire was dead and the bike a whole lot older than I remembered, however I am all recovered now and have started back to running.  Yesterday I ran 2 miles in 25 minutes, which isn't great but it was also 89 degrees and very humid out, which I am not used to so it was a challenge.  I was hoping to try and get a 5K in this weekend, but I think that rather than pu**** I am going to wait and do a women's 5k next month as my first race.  I have also added into my weekly workouts The Biggest Loser Power Sculpt dvd everyother day so that I can start toning and hopefully get some of the loose skin to tighten and also to start defining my muscles.  Hopefully I will not have any more injuries and can continue with my running full steam ahead!

"When you see only one set of footprints, it was then that I carried you."

Linn D.
on 8/5/08 7:08 am - Missoula, MT
Nicole,

Glad to see you back and recovered!

It'll take a little while to get your prior level back, but it will totally happen!  I agree that it's a good idea to wait on the 5k - the last thing you want to do is be upset about not doing as well as you would have if you hadn't been injured.  It'll come.

Linn
NicoleLynn
on 8/6/08 4:02 am - Minneapolis, MN
Thank you Linn!  Yes I am a bit discouraged at having to work my way back up to where I was, but I am still proud that I am running 2 miles with no walking and I am not dying at the end!  I just have to keep it all in perspective because a year ago I would have called you crazy if you had told me I would be running because I want to and enjoy it! I have decided to wait to do a race next month, that way I have a good solid month to get myself back on track.  ~Nicole

JennyA
on 8/6/08 2:29 am - Eagan, MN
Welcome back.  Glad to hear you are on the mend.  If you change your mind about running this weekend, I am doing the Race with the Celts 5K on Saturday at Harriet Island in St. Paul. 

Since there are so many MN OHers who have turned into runners, Jimmy V has been suggesting getting a running group together.  You in if it happens?

Take care.

J
on 8/6/08 3:59 am - Minneapolis, MN
I would love to be part of a running group!  Definitely let me know if you get something put together!  I had looked at the Race with the Celts as well, but then I also just talked to my mom and our family reunion is earlier than I remembered so I will forego races this month and shoot for next month!  Good luck on Saturday!

Most Active