Blisters

misstilly
on 8/4/08 5:15 am - Cosby, TN
What should I do for a blister that is between my big toe and first toe?  I know this is a stupid question, but I haven't had any blisters yet and today I developed one.  I am doing a 5K this weekend and I want to try and protect that toe if I can.  I didn't know if moleskin or just a bandaid is best to use.

Thanks Sue

215/210/117/120
HW/SW/CW/GOAL  I'M AT MY GOAL

Brian W.
on 8/4/08 6:23 am - Belmont, CA
I'd pop the blister as soon as I could.  Then I get some Dr Scholls blister treatments.  Basically its a pad that you can place over the blister to heal and protect it.  Then I'd put moleskin over that to further cushion and make things more comfortable.  Dont put moleskin directly over a blister, that's trouble

I've dealt with blisters before and this seems to work.  It'll be a bit sore and raw after its popped, but the next day the area should feel better.

Good luck

Brian
~350
misstilly
on 8/4/08 7:40 am - Cosby, TN
thanks Brian.  the blister popped by itself before I even got my shoes off.

Sue

215/210/117/120

Linn D.
on 8/4/08 7:52 am - Missoula, MT
Another thing to ask is how long have you had your shoes?  If you're just now developing blisters, it might be time for a shoe replacement.

I've also noticed that there's some shoe/sock combinations that don't work for me. 

Just a couple other things to think about.

Linn
misstilly
on 8/4/08 9:00 am - Cosby, TN
I've had the shoes for awhile but couldn't wear them because my feet were to fat.  I have been wearing them now for about 2months.  I think today it was a combination of the heat and sweat.  I've noticed lately that my feet are sweating more.  The socks I wear are supposed to wick the moisture but they haven't been doing a very good job.  I think I should look for some new socks.

Sue

215/210/117/120

panhead58fl
on 8/4/08 11:06 am - Barboursville, WV
Although I have never used them you may want to check out www.injinji.com, they are socks that fit the toes like a glove. They have five toe sleeves, that is what they call them. Advertise they help prevent blisters. They are suppose to pull moisture from between the toes. There is a full page add in this months Runners World magazine.

pan head
Most Active