Need exercise to reduce internal body fat

Vivian Prouty
on 8/3/08 11:38 pm - Fort Worth, TX

Hello Everyone,

I will be 3 yrs post op RNY in Nov.   I have had a lower body lift ( May 07 ) and just had lipo done to my tummy area 3 weeks ago.   My PS said that I have 3 to 5 lbs internal body fat that I need to reduce.    I am very short ( 5'1" ) very short waisted...actually I have no waist and my internal organs are pushing out on my abs due to the weight on them.    I was wondering if anyone could suggest some exercises to reduce this.   I was told to NEVER do pilates and crunches again due to the tightening of the muscles...he said that this could stretch them out.   Thanks so very much for your input !!!

Hugs and blessings ~~~ Vivian

GOD GRANT ME THE SERENITY TO ACCEPT THE THINGS I CAN NOT CHANGE;   COURAGE TO CHANGE THE THINGS THAT I CAN;  AND THE WISDOM TO KNOW THE DIFFERENCE !!!!    THIS IS MY DAILY PRAYER.
Vivian Prouty      Obesity Help Support Group Coach  "LOSE IT 4 LIFE"

Linn D.
on 8/4/08 12:44 am - Missoula, MT
Vivian,

Internal body fat can really only be reduced by overall weight loss.  The internal or visceral fat is the kind that contributes to the major health risks.  I'm afraid it's back to good old diet and exercise (once permitted).

Linn
Vivian Prouty
on 8/4/08 11:17 pm - Fort Worth, TX
Thanks so much Linn,

I have begun to really diet.   Not that I really need to loose anymore weight but I do want that internal fat gone some.   I have lost about 4 lbs this past week and I am looking better.   Thanks so much for your input.

Hugs and blessings ~~~ Vivian

GOD GRANT ME THE SERENITY TO ACCEPT THE THINGS I CAN NOT CHANGE;   COURAGE TO CHANGE THE THINGS THAT I CAN;  AND THE WISDOM TO KNOW THE DIFFERENCE !!!!    THIS IS MY DAILY PRAYER.
Vivian Prouty      Obesity Help Support Group Coach  "LOSE IT 4 LIFE"

Most Active