Saturday exercise ...

Deanna34
on 8/2/08 6:05 am - Salem, OR
Hello everyone!!!  How's the weekend exercise going?  I ran my 5 mile race this morning, in spite of being sick with a cold!  I had some major phlegm in my throat that made it nearly impossible to breathe BUT, I still managed to finish in 54:35.  So, not too shabby!  --Deanna  :)

"Don't be afraid your life will end; be afraid it will never begin."
--Grace Hansen

Weight lost:  140 pounds

Linn D.
on 8/2/08 10:33 am - Missoula, MT
Great job, Deanna!

Under 11 minute miles!  I'd say you did pretty darn good.

Today was a rest day for me. 

Linn
Scott William
on 8/3/08 12:12 am
Way to get out there with the sickness.  That takes heart.

I did an 11.6 mile race and did awful - again.  Seems to be a common thing for me this summer.
Scott

Link to my running journal
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1303681

4 full's - 14 halves - 2 goofy's and one Mt. Washington!
Deanna34
on 8/3/08 3:24 am - Salem, OR
Hey Scott, what's the problem with your races lately?  It is the heat?  I've been struggling with my outdoor runs lately too ... I think the humidity is taking it out of me!  --Deanna  :)

"Don't be afraid your life will end; be afraid it will never begin."
--Grace Hansen

Weight lost:  140 pounds

Scott William
on 8/3/08 9:20 am
Deanna,
I'd love to blame the heat on this one but I ran the same race the last two years and the heat and humidity were worse both years.  It's hard to blame the heat.  I could list all the issues that I had but I think that I have not trained enough.  I think that it's a lot to expect a great 11.6 mile race on 15 miles a week training.  I checked my log from last year and I had run about 50% more miles in training last year.   This July I ran 60 miles.  Last July I ran 100.  I think I found the answer.

The good news is that there is almost no way that I could run less miles in November or December to get ready for Disney than I did last year.  I am going to pick up the miles and see if that makes a difference.
Scott

Link to my running journal
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1303681

4 full's - 14 halves - 2 goofy's and one Mt. Washington!
Most Active