gaining weight?

pennisweet
on 8/1/08 9:55 pm - Windsor, MO
I am usually 155 and I felt like I was getting out of control so I went back to basics.  I started counting my calories and drinking my shakes in the morning.  I weighed this morning and I was 158.  My question is can I gain weight like that because of the muscle I am building with the extra protein?  I do feel better and I feel more in control.  Any advice would be appreciated.  Thanks and have a great day!  Penni
MsDee56
on 8/3/08 12:21 am - MA
Morning,
There is a guy that post alot of info regarding nutrition and exercise.  Look up his posting under his name...JamesH.   He has some very interesting info.  Take what you need from what he post and leave the rest. 
Good luck,
Darlene
Opportunity may knock once, but temptation
bangs on your front door forever and ever.
MyQnA
on 8/3/08 7:27 pm
I am sure you can put on lean muscle from proper excercise and protein.  However the bonus is, lean muscle burns more calories.  Yes, muscle weighs more but it also looks better,  So if you are at the weight you want to be it will stopp as your body adjusts.  However, I would trade 10lbs of fat for 15 of lean muscle anytime.  i myself amd trying to gain about 5lbs of lean muscle by Halloween.

Best of luck to you,
Maxine

I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me. 

Most Active