New Motivation?

Candice M.
on 7/31/08 1:26 pm - Birmingham, AL
Help!! I was doing so well exercising every day & for the past month I have slacked completely... gone through some rough times... a divorce... very stressful.. I really need to get back on track but cannot seem to find the motivation.....I did sign up for Walk from Obesity in October here in Birmingham, but its only a mile walk..... but it's a start... at least something to moviate me more...  Any encouraging words??
Linn D.
on 7/31/08 1:54 pm - Missoula, MT
Candice,

It might help you to think of your workouts as YOUR personal time.  I tend to use mine as much as stress relievers and a time to let my mind wander wherever it will.  The other part is focusing on something that is positive (your wokouts are for improving health and well-being).  If you concentrate on those positive things rather than kicking yourself for not doing it, I think you're motivation will return. 

Remember, it's not about being good, it's about being good to yourself.

Linn
Scott William
on 7/31/08 2:31 pm
It sounds like the Walk from Obesity is motivating you but it "only" being a mile is not really grabbing you.  How about finding a 5K or 10K and signing up ASAP.  That will get you motivated to get out there and hit the road a bit.  I also agree with Linn in that my running time is one of the only times that are all mine.  It's my time to think about things or think about nothing.  I say, "find a race and sign up".
Scott

Link to my running journal
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1303681

4 full's - 14 halves - 2 goofy's and one Mt. Washington!
Most Active