Disney bound

Cassie W.
on 7/30/08 10:33 am
Scott, Dan and Rob, I couldn't resist.  I booked my airfare today to run the Disney Marathon.  

I guess I'm more committed to running than I am to plastics.  Just glad it didn't fill up before I made my decision.  Maybe, I'll see y'all there!

Cassie
"Hard things take time to do. Impossible things take a little longer."

Rob S.
on 7/30/08 10:40 am - DE
Sounds great!  You can do your plastics when you get done.  I'll be staying at the Port Orleans.  We're arriving on Thursday to try and figure out what all hoopla is down there.  We'll have to figure out where everyone will be.  Since this will be my first marathon I am still in awe, to think I would even think of signing up for this event.
Look forward to meeting you (and Dan and Scott).
Rob
Cassie W.
on 7/31/08 10:01 am
Rob,

We're flying in Wednesday and staying at the Hard Rock Hotel the first few nights so my boys can do the Universal parks.  Although we're not checking into our Disney hotel until Saturday, I figure I'll pick up my packet Thursday before the Expo gets too crowded. 

If Dan and Scott are game, maybe we can all get together Thursday evening for dinner.

Cassie

Kevin A.
on 7/31/08 1:43 am - Bombay, CA
RNY on 08/21/06 with
Aww!! I'm getting jealous of you guys runing Disney!!

Have fun!!

"You have to be uncompromised in your level of commitment to whatever you are doing, or it can disappear as fast as it appeared." ~Michael Jordan~
Cassie W.
on 7/31/08 10:05 am
I guess we're going to have to start planning a trip to the west coast for our next big adventure. . . hmmm . . . 2009 Las Vegas, 2010 Big Sur, 2010 LA.  Choices.  Choices.

Cassie

Kevin A.
on 8/1/08 7:48 am - Bombay, CA
RNY on 08/21/06 with
Man!! That means I have to keep training for another 1-2 years!! Let me know went your ready to run on the west coast!!
 "You have to be uncompromised in your level of commitment to whatever you are doing, or it can disappear as fast as it appeared." ~Michael Jordan~
Deanna34
on 8/1/08 11:07 am - Salem, OR
No kidding!  I'm so jealous too!  Maybe we should schedule something out WEST for a change!!!!!  --Deanna  :)

"Don't be afraid your life will end; be afraid it will never begin."
--Grace Hansen

Weight lost:  140 pounds

Linn D.
on 8/2/08 4:08 am - Missoula, MT
Deanna,

Rock and Roll Arizona!  It's fun to do a race in great weather in the winter!  They have both a half and a full and are very well run.  Both courses are flat and I love the bands.  I'm registered for the full again this year.  I fly from either Spokane or Missoula and the air fare isn't too bad.

Linn
Linn D.
on 7/31/08 2:32 am - Missoula, MT
Cassie,

I know what you mean.  I scheduled my gall bladder surgery around my first ever race.  Didn't want to miss it!

Sounds like it'll be a fun race for you, and once you spend that kind of money, you're really committed!  I just registered for the Rock and Roll Arizona in January. 

Linn
Cassie W.
on 7/31/08 10:10 am
Linn,

I'm sure the Rock & Roll Marathon will be a lot of fun.  We toyed with going to San Antonio for its inaugural Rock & Roll event;  but, it's so much easier to find reasonable airfare to Florida.

Cassie

Most Active