AM I NOT EXERCISING ENOUGH??

Jessica O.
on 7/30/08 4:31 am - Grafton, MA

Hi everyone!  I am currently 4+ months post-op.  I have been going to my local gym 3-4 times per week and I usually run on the elliptical machine for 30-35 minutes.  I alternate my days, doing upper body and lower body weight lifting and I also do some ab work (ab machine, sit ups using a balance ball).  Does this sound like enough exercise or should I increase it at all?  My weight loss has been very slow, which I suppose is normal since I am considered a "lightweight."  I'd love to hear everyone's opions on this.  Thanks!

andrea K.
on 7/30/08 5:29 am - near Huntsville, AL
You are doing exactly what you need to be doing. That looks alot like my workout and Im 9 months out. When I wasnt exercising, the weight was coming off faster but when I started to exercise the weight loss slowed and my body was shrinking. (Inches) IN MY EXPERIENCE, exercising may keep you from losing the weight but turning it into muscle. Im 190 lbs and in a 14 pants. I know some that way less than me but in sizes bigger. Personally, I would rather LOOK smaller and weigh more than LOOK bigger than my weight. You get what im sayin. Keep up the good work.

292/279/183/155  highest/surgery/current/goal

misstilly
on 7/30/08 7:14 am - Cosby, TN
The only thing I would add would be the stationary bike.  I reaaly like that.  I go to the gym 5-6 days and I do the following 30min Circuit traing (machines) 30 min Stationary bike 40-50 min treadmill running.  I am a lightweight also.  I found that after I started the gym my weight loss slowed but I lost more inches.  I am very pleased with how things have worked out.  I am only 8-10 pounds from my goal and am 6 months out.

Sue

215/210/117/120
HW/SW/CW/GOAL  I'M AT MY GOAL

Most Active