Three years ago versus today

MaryS
on 7/29/08 11:59 am - Long Island, NY
Three years ago, on July 26, 2005, I did my first race, the Corporate Challenge.  It is a 3.5 mile race and I was thrilled to finish in 52 minutes (my goal was 55 minutes).  Today I did the same race and finished in 36:30, which is a 10:26 pace.  This is a PR for me - my fastest race to date!!  I guess all the sweat and training has paid off.  It really means a lot to be able to go to an event like this with my co-workers and to be able to run at a respectable pace.

5'6" - 302/155-158 

Check my success story on my surgeon's website: my story
Check my blog: LosingForLife.com
Ran NYC Marathon 11/4/07 5:27:06

Linn D.
on 7/29/08 1:36 pm - Missoula, MT
You know, Mary, it sure is cool to look back on some of these things and see just how far we've come!

I'm so happy for you, and totally understand what this means and how it feels.  It feels good to keep going and see continued progress as well and know that your health has been benefitted by all your fitness activities.

I'm so very proud of you, too!

Linn
Rob S.
on 7/29/08 10:43 pm - DE
It is amazing to look back and see how far you've come.  Personally, I think it is amazing that any of us are actually running!   We definitely have a gift and it is great to be able to take advantage of it.  Keep up the good work.
Rob
Elisa K.
on 7/29/08 10:43 pm - Lumberton, NJ
How awesome Mary!! 
Deanna34
on 7/30/08 12:52 am - Salem, OR
Hurray, Mary!!!  That is so awesome!!!  You are so inspiring to me!!!  Keep up the great work!  --Deanna  :)

"Don't be afraid your life will end; be afraid it will never begin."
--Grace Hansen

Weight lost:  140 pounds

puddin2day
on 7/30/08 1:30 am - Los Angeles, CA
Mary,

If someone would have told you 3 to 4 years ago that not only would you be running, but running fast, what would have said?   Isn't the journey amazing?  Congratulations on all of your hard work.

Kim
Without struggle, there is no progress.

Cassie W.
on 7/31/08 10:34 am
Mary,

Congratulations on a great race!  When I see anniversary posts like yours, I feel reassured that my own new-found athleticism isn't just a passing fad.  Even through your plastics, you've bounced back and resumed the race for lifetime fitness and health.

Cassie
"Hard things take time to do. Impossible things take a little longer."

Most Active