5k - PR

Chris Zane
on 7/27/08 5:15 am
I did a 5k today and finished in 34:04 - a personal best for me.  I think that my last 5k (that wasn't part of a triathlon) was at the end of April and I was just under 37, so I'm really happy with my progress.

I still can't run the whole thing, but I did run more than I usually do.  On my training runs, I've tried to increase the amount of time I run before walking and have gotten up to 20-some minutes.  I feel like to run constantly, I need to run so slow.  I go faster when I run/walk, so maybe I'll just stick with that.

My goal is to eventually get under 30 minutes, I'm not sure that's realistic if I don't run the whole thing.
Linn D.
on 7/27/08 5:49 am - Missoula, MT
Congratulations!  Great job on getting a personal best!

It just takes time to increase the running distances and speed.  By next summer you won't believe it took you so long to finish a 5k!

You're making great progress, and once you consistently go the distances, it's easier to start working on speed.  The way I progress is to work on increasing the distance, then I start increasing the speed at that distance.

Linn
MaryS
on 7/27/08 9:30 am - Long Island, NY
Great job, you are making great progress. 

Mary

5'6" - 302/155-158 

Check my success story on my surgeon's website: my story
Check my blog: LosingForLife.com
Ran NYC Marathon 11/4/07 5:27:06

JennyA
on 7/27/08 11:17 am - Eagan, MN
Congrats! 

As for the 30 minute goal, "Don't dream it, be it"

Take care.

J
on 7/28/08 12:02 am - MI
Great Job on your PR.. After my last triathlon, I was suggested to spend more time running vs. putting in miles. Since following that advice, I feel a change in my body.

I cant wait for my next triathlon which is in about 3 weeks...

Curt
puddin2day
on 7/28/08 2:24 am - Los Angeles, CA
Congratulations on your PR.  You are making progress.

Kim
Without struggle, there is no progress.

Most Active