7th Half Marathon

MaryS
on 7/27/08 9:54 am - Long Island, NY
Today I did the NYC 1/2 marathon.  I can't believe this was my 7th half marathon.  We had to be at Central Park this morning by 6:30 for a 7:00 start.  The weather started out a little iffy and we had a little rain, but it cleared in time for the race and left us with a lovely humid day.  The race consisted of a loop around Central Park, then down 7th Ave, across 42nd Street and down the West Side Highway to Battery Park.  It was a great route!  I got teary eyed going down 7th Ave into Times Square.  I am still amazed to be out there running! 

My time was 2:42:35 - definitely not in the top of my 1/2 marathon finishes.  I had some issues along with way and needed to make several bathroom stops, I think they hurt my time.  But I did get out there and finished and I got a great medal!

5'6" - 302/155-158 

Check my success story on my surgeon's website: my story
Check my blog: LosingForLife.com
Ran NYC Marathon 11/4/07 5:27:06

Rob S.
on 7/27/08 10:22 am - DE
Great job, Mary!  Your tearing it up, up there in NYC.  The humidity this time of the year can really cause problems.  Finishing seven half-marathons is phenom.  Keep it up!
Rob
Linn D.
on 7/27/08 10:53 am - Missoula, MT

TOO COOL, MARY! 

I'm not sure how I'd handle the humidity.  I live in such an arid area, I'm afraid it'd kill me!

I understand all too well about the potty stops.  All we can do is the best we can on any given day.  Sometimes it's hard to judge how things will go.

Anyway, congrats on your 7th!

Linn

Scott William
on 7/27/08 1:05 pm
Awesome job Mary.  Keep at it!
Scott

Link to my running journal
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1303681

4 full's - 14 halves - 2 goofy's and one Mt. Washington!
Mifiremedic
on 7/27/08 11:57 pm - MI
Mary,

Great Job on your 7th Half Marathon.

I am hoping to do a nice run in Central Park in a few weeks when I visit..

Curt
Kevin A.
on 7/28/08 1:27 am - Bombay, CA
RNY on 08/21/06 with
Great job Mary!! Remembering how far I've have come is what keeps me running. I'm looking forward to my next 4th 1/2 marathon.

"You have to be uncompromised in your level of commitment to whatever you are doing, or it can disappear as fast as it appeared." ~Michael Jordan~
puddin2day
on 7/28/08 2:18 am - Los Angeles, CA
Mary,

Congratulations on your 7th Half Marathon.  You did great timing.  Wow, I am looking forward to my first half this October.

Kim
Without struggle, there is no progress.

Elisa K.
on 7/28/08 2:20 am - Lumberton, NJ

Congratulations Mary!  Seriously, 7 half marathons is awesome! 

kypdurran
on 7/28/08 3:39 am - Baton Rouge, LA
Congrats Mary!   That's awesome.
Most Active