Exercise after plastics (cross-post from plastics board)

(deactivated member)
on 7/23/08 1:30 am - Cleveland Heights, OH
I'm waiting for insurance approval for a full abdominoplasty and a breast lift w/ brachioplasty, and have a question about exercise after plastics.  I'll ask my surgeon for more details when I see him again, but wanted to get some input from the folks here as well. 

My question is how soon after an abdominoplasty (tummy tuck w/ muscle tightening, table-to-table incision that deals with some excess skin on flanks as well) will I be able to exercise?  I'm interested in when I'll be able to do cardio, what type of cardio I'll be able to do, and when I may be able to lift weights again.  I know I won't be able to do any abdominal or core strengthening for at least several months, but I'm wondering about other lower body and upper body strength training if I can get good muscle isolation. 

Same questions for breast lift and brachioplasty.  I want to give my incisions the best shot at healing nice and flat, but I also want to try and maintain the muscle tone/strength/definition that I've worked so hard to gain.  Plus, I get super antsy now when I can't exercise for even a few days, so I know I'll struggle with being patient post-plastics!!! 

I am interested in what other people's experiences have been, if anyone started exercising too soon and now has regrets because of effect on scars, etc.  Thanks to anyone and everyone who's willing to share their experience with me; I truly appreciate it!!!

Kellie
Most Active