Congrats Sherry on your finish at IMLP!

kypdurran
on 7/20/08 1:55 pm, edited 7/20/08 1:56 pm - Baton Rouge, LA

Congrats on your 2nd Ironman finish today Sherry!   I was tracking you and a few friends that were running it from my tri club.   Terrible weather conditions from what I understand.  Great job!

Kevin A.
on 7/20/08 2:20 pm - Bombay, CA
RNY on 08/21/06 with
Wow!! I looked but could not find her!!! Congrats!!!
Can't wait to hear about it!!!
 "You have to be uncompromised in your level of commitment to whatever you are doing, or it can disappear as fast as it appeared." ~Michael Jordan~
Seht
on 7/20/08 2:31 pm
Aww man you guys beat me to it. 

Congrats Sherry, I have been watching all day long.  that's just an awesome job.

The first time you do something - It's going to be a personal record!

Elisa K.
on 7/20/08 11:50 pm - Lumberton, NJ
Congratulations Sherry!!! 
puddin2day
on 7/21/08 2:14 am - Los Angeles, CA
Congrats, Sherry! Cannot wait to hear about it.
Without struggle, there is no progress.

(deactivated member)
on 7/21/08 4:44 am - Island Heights, NJ
Way To Go, Sherry!

Awesome job!

By the way... did you guys hear that IMLP for 2009 sold out today, ON-SITE??? No on-line registration available... if you were not there in person, you're S.O.L.!!! It took 3 Days for IM Coeur d'Alene 09 to sell out.

That is just crazy

Looks like this sport is really gaining in populartiy

MaryS
on 7/21/08 5:00 am - Long Island, NY

Congrats Sherry - just amazing!  I'm looking forward to the pink hair pics!

5'6" - 302/155-158 

Check my success story on my surgeon's website: my story
Check my blog: LosingForLife.com
Ran NYC Marathon 11/4/07 5:27:06

Sherry_Berry
on 7/21/08 10:40 pm - Dacula, GA
Thanks everyone! I totally sandbagged the run-on purpose!

I took the swim EASY...WIDE first loop to avoid punched...got beat up at the turn-around bouys...I followed the bouy line on the 2nd loop-1:19 for the 2.4 mile swim!

Ok, bike. OMG. HARD. I took it easy and rode low gears mostly. The last 15 miles are a climb back into lake placid on each loop. Some major climbs throughout.

First half I averaged an ok 15.5 mph-(I'll take that w/the hillz). 2nd loop I managed an "easy" 14.5. Like I said...that shizzle is uphill each way...rawr. Bike was 7.5ish hours. My crotch survived niceley thanks to Aquafor.

Run...I ran/walked the first half in 3 and change.
The 2nd half I walked. My left hip was hurting. I figured I had a whole 5 hours left to finish, so why injure myself further.

I have pics-so I'll post them when I get back into CT.

Thanks for cheering me on.

Total time spent in the DOWNPOURS... 16:09:09
Rob S.
on 7/22/08 1:17 am - DE
Great job, Sherry!  Finishing the ironman is quite an accomplishment, especially with the beautiful weather you encountered.  Can't imagine where you go from here.  That's a lot of time on a bike.  Hope your hip improves quickly.
Rob
Cassie W.
on 7/22/08 11:49 am
Sherry, You Are AMAZING!  To be able to push through the weather, the hills and the shear number of miles and hours to get to the end certainly is proof of your IRON-tested mental and physical strength.  When I visited my surgeon today for my two-year anniversary, I had to brag about you and all that you've accomplished.

Cassie
"Hard things take time to do. Impossible things take a little longer."

Most Active