Saturday Workout!

Rob S.
on 7/20/08 8:45 am - DE
Did someone forget about Saturday!
I decided to get up and run the 6th Annual Blood Challenge 5k.  Since I haven't done any official short runs for awile I didn't know what to expect.  Well there were about 1,200 people in attendance.  The weather went from hot to hot and humid.  We started out at 8:30am and I started near the rear of the pack, not my usual starting point.  This race is fairly flat, so I had visions of really putting in a good time.  Well after the first mile and half, I decided that just finishing would be nice.  I passed over twenty racer puking into the beautiful Christiana River along the deck walk.  I was able to finish the race in 29'37" (13th in my age bracket).  I actually walked two stretches for 100 yards.   I felt like I hadn't given it a very good effort and after standing under the mister for about three minutes, I decided to run it again.  The second time around, I carried a bottle of water with me for hydration, and I passed most of the walkers after the first mile.  I finished this one totally parched and ready for a day-off.  My time was 28'20".  Felt much better about my pace,   Grabbed four bottles of water, and headed over to my support group meeting (although I did change clothes since my running gear was soaked to the bone).
Rob
Most Active