Sunday Workout

Mifiremedic
on 7/20/08 3:07 am - MI
Good afternoon everyone,

What is everyone doing this July Sunday? I was inspired by checking the status of Sherry at IronMan Lake Placid. The conditions are very rainy, and humid. So with everything she is going thru I was gonna put in a good run as well.

I did 8 miles this morning in a slow 1hour 30 minutes.

Post your workouts today. Also be sure to check on Sherry.

Curt
Rob S.
on 7/20/08 8:50 am - DE
Got out early this morning to beat the humidity for my long run.  I did 7 and 1/2 grueling miles in 1'33".  Right now I don't care much about the time, just trying to maintain a nice jog througout the run, without stopping or walking.  Iced down my knee for about 15 minutes and spent the rest of the day hitting the mutilple grocery stores to assemble this week's meals.
In the afternoon I hit the road for a 35-mile bike ride since I haven't gotten much time outside on the bike this year. 
Rob
Mifiremedic
on 7/20/08 9:00 am - MI
Rob,

Great job.. You sound exactly like myself. I dont care much for the time as well, just trying to get in miles. The only reason I am keeping track of time is to log in my training journal.

I as well, have been neglecting the bike. I had a talk with my bike earlier, and promised to ride her tomorrow to work. I think she is being left out, for all the running Ive been doing. ha ha

Sherry Update: I have been watching Ironman Lake Placid on the internet, and Sherry improved 3 positions in her age group on the bike. Presently, it appears she in the process of completing the Marathon. As I said earlier, its absolutely terrible weather in upper New York.

Curt
Kevin A.
on 7/20/08 12:58 pm - Bombay, CA
RNY on 08/21/06 with
1 mile run just to get my body warmed up!! 1 hour Body Pump class followed by a 45 minute Spin class!! Great way to start off the week!!

I could not find Sherry results!!

"You have to be uncompromised in your level of commitment to whatever you are doing, or it can disappear as fast as it appeared." ~Michael Jordan~
panhead58fl
on 7/20/08 2:24 pm - Barboursville, WV
Didn't get to go for my run till 6:30 this evening, made it about 8.5 and then it started to rain and thunder. Luckily I was near my car because it came a down pour. At first I thought it would feel good and it did at first, but when I was having to run with my eyes closed because it was raining so hard it wasnt fun any more.

Did 10 miles last Sunday wanted to do 11 today, will have to wait till next week.

pan head
Most Active