Couch to 5k program

Linn D.
on 7/21/08 2:32 pm - Missoula, MT
It's also important to realize that some workouts will feel good, and others will suck.  It just happens that way for everyone, but we do the best we can and hope for a better day next time.

Linn
whitespots
on 7/22/08 2:20 am - Pittsfield, NH
Weird, I was just going to post up about this exact thing!  To see if people pre-op were doing the program and how they were doing.

Serenity, you ever over on the NH board?  I'd love to talk to you more about it!  We can be virtual 'run buddies'. :lol:

Serenity08
on 7/22/08 8:00 am, edited 7/22/08 8:02 am - NH
Hi Jenn,

I've posted a few times over on the NH board - it's more active on the lapband board so I'm mainly there.

I'm definitely pre-op - most likely surgery won't be for three months yet.  Still over 100 lbs from my goal of 130.  I've lost 15.4 lbs so far but need to make sure I don't lose more than 10 more lbs before my paperwork gets submitted (another 1 1/2 months for that I think).

I'm on week 2 day2  - got through the running today with no problems -- I was inside on a treadmill today. 

Serenity

fooseberry
on 7/30/08 12:21 pm - E Falmouth, MA
I was walking about 4-5 days a week for 4 miles and had started this program last Fall. So when I re-started I did so at week 4 but I would not suggest it if you are not exercising now.
I would try a 5K as a base. You can always walk when you are too tired to continue. Towards the end I used it as my long run at the end of the week.
There is also a chat for questions and support at the newbie site about couch to 5k - you can join groups that are at the same week as you.

Check it out at the link posted above.
Jennifer
Post op -306
Current - 189
Goal - 171
Come to my Blog and say Hello!      http://fooseberrypie.blogspot.com/
Fooseberry Pie
Most Active