Update on ankle/foot

NicoleLynn
on 7/18/08 12:26 am - Minneapolis, MN
Hey I haven't been on here a whole lot lately, cause I don't want to get bummed that I am not able to do the running all of you are doing.  I tried going for a walk early this week and my foot/ankle still hurt so Wednesday I went to a Sprots Medicine Dr who said luckily it is not a stress fracture, however he wants me to stay off it for a couple more weeks to let it fully heal.  In the meantime he wants me to bike for exercise.  I am going up to my parents place this weekend and will pick up one of their extra bikes to bring home with me.  I am not sure about the race because of my ankle and because my great uncle is very ill and I may have a funeral to go to by next weekend.  So I am playing it by ear right now.  If my ankle/foot feel good and my uncle has not passed away I will do the race, if not well I am leaveing it up to God!  I hope everyone has had a good week and have a great weekend!  ~Nicole

"When you see only one set of footprints, it was then that I carried you."

Deanna34
on 7/18/08 12:57 am - Salem, OR
Nicole, don't overdo it and try to push yourself with that race ... you might risk injuring your ankle even worse!  You don't want that!  I hope everything works out for you!  --Deanna  :)

"Don't be afraid your life will end; be afraid it will never begin."
--Grace Hansen

Weight lost:  140 pounds

NicoleLynn
on 7/18/08 6:14 am - Minneapolis, MN
Deanna~I am planning on listening to my ankle and see how it is doing at the end of next week as it really hasn't bothered me the last few days, although all I have done is light walking around the office and house.  I also plan on wrapping it if I do decide to run it.  ~Nicole

"When you see only one set of footprints, it was then that I carried you."

Linn D.
on 7/22/08 1:29 am - Missoula, MT
Hey Nicole,

Just because you're injured doesn't mean you can't post!  You are such an encouragement to many of us.  I love to hear about your yoga classes and all.

At this point, please just worry about taking care of yourself.  There will always be another race, so try not to get too focused on this one.  It's especially hard when you have loved ones on your mind as well.  Do as the doc says, and protect yourself and heal so you'll be ready for the next challenge.

Linn
Most Active