Where do I start?????

frankielarkey
on 7/17/08 10:00 am - Riverton, WY
I am 2 1/2 months out and I don't even know where to start. I have a fairly physical job and I go swimming at least once a week, but I feel really tired lately. I had my doc do some blood work, and everything looks great... My blood glucose is slowly coming down, but other than that, she said everything looks good... I have lost 57 lbs and I'd like to start toning up my lower abdominal area. Problem is, I am spending a large percentage of my wages on my surgery payment every month and don't have enough to start a Gym membership.
Are there exercises I can do at home that will help with toning/tightening my abs? Lower and Upper??
Thanks so much,
Frankie
                              ~~Frankie~~ 

~~ To Thine Own Self Be True~~

Seht
on 7/17/08 10:08 am
You could try getting a fit ball and doing crunches and other abd exercises.
They are pretty cheap and basically a 1 time investment.

Here is a site that has some videos you can view on your computer that demonstrates some exercises.

You can do a lot of them without the big fit ball, but it seems to be nicer on my back when I use the ball.

http://workoutz.com/

Here is one of their ab workouts that is done mostly with just you and the floor
http://www.workoutz.com/abs_workout.pdf

Scott

The first time you do something - It's going to be a personal record!

frankielarkey
on 7/17/08 10:38 am - Riverton, WY
Dear Scott,
Thank you so much for your reply, I'll check out the links as soon as I'm done replying. You're the first to reply so you get the biggest hug lol. You're a doll. Thanks for taking the time to answer me.
Hugs,
Frankie
                              ~~Frankie~~ 

Linn D.
on 7/17/08 12:06 pm - Missoula, MT
Frankie,

Believe it or not, brisk walking is good for abdominal toning as well as cardio health.  Running is better, but if you aren't able to jog, walking is the next best thing if it's brisk enough to keep your heart rate up.

Linn
frankielarkey
on 7/17/08 12:15 pm - Riverton, WY

Thank You Linn. I think some of my problem right now is the fire that we've had burning in Cody, giving me a headache something terrible, it's either that or summertime allergies... Yuck!!
I probably won't jog for quite some time... I'm... Wellll... Top Heavy LOL, always have been, even when i was thin. And Now... They are still large, but now they're flatter LOL. I'm sure I would cause an accident LOL. Probably best just to walk briskly. *wink* *grin*
Thanks Much Hun,
Frankie

~~Frankie~~ 

Linn D.
on 7/17/08 12:26 pm - Missoula, MT
I was always top heavy as well, and I'm pretty much deflated these days.  I have before and after pics on my profile.  I need to use 2 bras to run just to keep things from not bouncing too much, but it works pretty well.

Sorry about the fires.  We're very lucky in Missoula this year - it's usually much worse.

Linn
sandra267
on 7/20/08 1:54 am - hyde park, MA

Have you ever tried the bands?  I hate lifting weight but do these when I am watching television. I got mine from the thrift store.

Most Active