Monday~Workouts??

Kevin A.
on 7/14/08 9:00 am - Bombay, CA
RNY on 08/21/06 with
Did everyone take the day off?? I been waiting all day for someone to post!!!

Weights~Abs, chest, back, shoulders & arms!!

45 minute Spin class that turned in to almost a hour!!

See you Tuesday!!! Right???
 "You have to be uncompromised in your level of commitment to whatever you are doing, or it can disappear as fast as it appeared." ~Michael Jordan~
Deanna34
on 7/14/08 10:01 am - Salem, OR

Funny, I was waiting for someone to post too!!!  Well, I went to the gym this morning and took a kick-boxing class ... seriously, I was the ONLY one in there sweating like a pig!  What is wrong with people that don't sweat?  Geesh!  Tonight I go back to the gym for an appointment with my fitness coach to work up a new weight lifting plan.  I'm glad because I've been getting VERY burnt out lately!  --Deanna  :)

"Don't be afraid your life will end; be afraid it will never begin."
--Grace Hansen

Weight lost:  140 pounds

donnainhouston
on 7/14/08 10:46 am - League City, TX
Today's workout was pretty good, only comment being that I wish I had some more confidence with the bench press to do press more weight on my own. Grrrr! I know I could have done more, but was worried about getting stuck in the bottom part of the motion. The idea of the bar resting on my chest was not pleasant. There are supposed to be trainers around to ask for a spot, but of course no one appeared available. Here's what went on today:

Incline DB Press
*Need to start with more
12 x 17.5 lbs.
12 x 20 lbs.
14 x 25 lbs.
Incline DB Fly
12 x 17.5 lbs.
6 x 20 lbs.; 4 x 17.5 lbs.
7 x 20 lbs.; 3 x 17.5 lbs.
Flat Bench DB Bench Press
12 x 20 lbs.
10 x 25 lbs.
10 x 25 lbs.
***killin' time for the decline bench***
Hammer Strength Iso Lat Row
12 x 70 lbs.
10 x 90 lbs.
10 x 120 lbs.
*** Ah! Decline Available!***
Decline DB Bench Press
12 x 20 lbs.
10 x 25 lbs.
10 x 25 lbs.
Barbell Bench Press
15 x 45 lbs.
12 x 65 lbs.
1 x 95 (felt like I was going to get stuck at the bottom and racked it)
12 x 75 lbs. (felt like a loser for not stickin' with the 95)
"Dang it! Can't leave without trying 95 again!"
"It's all in my head... It's all in my head... it's all in my head..."
7 x 95 lbs. Oh yeah! I can go home now :)
Cardio: 20 minutes of intervals
Elapsed time: 1:21
Calories burned: 1,039

"Pain is temporary. It may last a minute, or an hour or a day, or a year, but eventually it will subside and something else will take its place. If I quit, however, it lasts forever." Lance Armstrong

Linn D.
on 7/14/08 11:04 am - Missoula, MT

Hey Kevin,

I DID take the day off, though it was unintentional.  Ended up spending the entire day buying a truck and doing some shopping at Lowe's.  I was only going to do a short recovery run anyway, so having a rest day is probably fine.

Linn

Rob S.
on 7/14/08 11:21 am - DE

Take the day off.  Are you kidding.  I just like to my workouts at night.  I did 90-minute spinning class, and 30-mintues of stretching. 

Rob

MaryS
on 7/14/08 12:14 pm - Long Island, NY

Hi, I'm away at a work function but I did get in about a half hour run with a couple of my co-workers this morning.

Mary

5'6" - 302/155-158 

Check my success story on my surgeon's website: my story
Check my blog: LosingForLife.com
Ran NYC Marathon 11/4/07 5:27:06

Soft And Lovely
on 7/14/08 1:07 pm - IL
I was a bit late working out this evening but I did 10k on the eliptical tonite.

HW/SW/CW/GW*
7850.8/7119.5/5630.9/3790.4**
*I'm not a big fan of scales.  The real numbers are on my profile.
**Weight on the sun (sure the numbers are high but look how fast you lose!)

Serenity08
on 7/14/08 8:25 pm - NH

Kind of new to this forum -- but I did 30 minutes on the elliptical machine.  Which I'm proud of because my thighs were stil very sore from doing my first couch to 5k workout on Sunday.  I'm going to try and do the second workout of that today - if the gym is empty!

Serenity

Elisa K.
on 7/14/08 10:06 pm - Lumberton, NJ

Monday is dance night, so I did my 1hr ballet class, and 1 hr jazz class.  My legs are like jello when I am done - LOL!!

Richbehr
on 7/15/08 12:23 am - North Haven, CT
RNY on 03/24/08 with
I did 3.25 miles on the treadmill and then went thru the 9 nautilus machines that make up "the circuit" at my gym. Tuesday night I think I'm going to try my first spinning class.

"Death borders upon our birth, and our cradle stands in the grave. Our birth is nothing but our death begun."

Most Active