Sunday exercise ...

Deanna34
on 7/13/08 1:33 am - Salem, OR

Well, I drug my butt out of bed this morning and ran just over 4 miles.  I am so sick of this hot weather though!  Do all you runners wear sun glasses when running?   I cannot stand the sun in my eyes but I'm worried that sun glasses would get all sweaty and fogged up.  Anyway, I'm curious what the runners do about the sun in your eyes?  --Deanna  :)

"Don't be afraid your life will end; be afraid it will never begin."
--Grace Hansen

Weight lost:  140 pounds

Brian W.
on 7/13/08 8:44 am - Belmont, CA

Today was a long run, 8 miles in 1:31:30.  Good considering the long incline hills on this run I chose.

I don't wear sunglasses, but I do wear a hat to both shield my eyes from the sun and absorb some sweat so it dosn't drip down too much.  I got one of those Under Armour mesh hats. Works good for me

Brian
~350

Rob S.
on 7/13/08 10:35 am - DE

I also got over real early (5am) and went for a 6 mile run before the humidity got unbearable.  Can't wait till we get through this hot and humid weather.  I wear transition sunglasses because a lot of the runs I do are overcast.  But prior to ending the run the sun is usually out.  Havng allen once in the past I was glad to have glasses on to protect the eyes. 

Rob

Kevin A.
on 7/13/08 12:31 pm - Bombay, CA
RNY on 08/21/06 with
8 mile run!! I'm back in training mode!! Only 6 weeks until the Disney 1/2 marathon.

As you can see from my pictues I always wear glasses!! They makes me look cool!! Never had a problem with them fogging up..
 "You have to be uncompromised in your level of commitment to whatever you are doing, or it can disappear as fast as it appeared." ~Michael Jordan~
panhead58fl
on 7/13/08 2:41 pm - Barboursville, WV

Went for my long run this evening, 10 miles. Took me 1:43:23. By the end I was draging. My legs felt like they weighed a ton. I started out to fast, I was running at a 8:30 pace, after a couple of miles made my self slow down. Ar the end I was doing 11:00 to 11:30. Next long run I hope to make it 11 miles.

pan head

wjoegreen
on 7/13/08 11:51 pm - Colonial Heights, VA

I crashed and burned Sunday but durint eh Summer, I jog with shades and occassional get a drop of sweat on the lens, so I try to get them that have the tension arms to hold them rather than hanging around my ears and make sure they shade my eyes but have enough space from my face to get some ventilation to prevent fogging and my eyelashes rubbing them and other such irritations or discomforts.  I also like the organde tint lens for eye comfort.

I haven't adjusted to joggin with a hat, I get warm enough without haivng my head covered except for running during the winter months, then I do a knit hat.

Congrads on your consistency and progress.

Joe Green 
Colonial Heights VA
[email protected]
Linn D.
on 7/14/08 12:25 am - Missoula, MT

I did my half on Sunday.  I'll try to get to a race report today now that I have official times.  Hubby is home, though, so been spending more time with him than the computer.

I wear sunglasses when I can remember them and don't generally have much trouble.

Linn

wbfine
on 7/14/08 1:58 am - Franklin, MA

Hi Deanna,

I always wear sunglasses and have never had a problem with fogging.  Occasional drops of perspiration, but no fogging. 

Bill

Kirsten :-)
on 7/14/08 2:39 am - Agoura Hills, CA

I did my first long run on Sunday since my Plastic Surgery.  8 miles!  I walked the first 4 miles at approx 15:45 pace.  I ran back the last 4 at about 13:45 pace.  I was dying out there!  LOL  It’s amazing how fast I’ve lost all the endurance I had gained.  I am pretty stiff today….oooowwwwwiiiiiiieeeeee!!!!   Only 6 ½ weeks till Disney….gotta work hard if I’m going to be able to make the cut off time. 

As far as the sunglasses….my glasses always fog up.  I even bought really expensive glasses with the vent holes.  They still fog up…although not as bad as my other glasses.  L

Most Active