Body Fat calculators- Waaaaa (cross-post)

KimMM
on 7/13/08 1:54 am - APO, NY

OK---does anyone know much about the body fat calculators?? I'm not happy.

Here are my stats:

5' 7"

wrist 5.5

waist 29

hips 39

forearm 8.25

age 44 (soon to be 45--so I think I plugged in 45)

My BMI is 22.71

My BMR 1389

according to one body fat calculator I my fat was 31.72--normail being up to 30 anything over 30 being termed "obese"

according to a different one (they asked for different info) I was 32.2 - normal was up to 31--anything over 32 was overweight.

My BMI is in the normal range. I work out 5 days a week. My eating is only so so--I know I could be better, I eat what I want-- (within reason) making sure I get enough protein. I do ALL my vitamins etc.

What's going on here? What else can I do to get my bodyfat down???Lift more weights?

Thanks.

KC
on 7/14/08 5:24 am - Houston, TX

I'd be really interested in an answer to this.  I had a similar experience -- I'm a little heavier and my BMI is a little higher and my body fat was way higher than I thought it should be on my Polar Age Test a few weeks ago.   I've been exercising hard for over a year -- weight lifting and aroebic and although I have gained a few pounds due to unwise food intake, it said I had only gained 1 pound of muscle in the past year going from only walking to working out and the rest was fat.   I'm doubting the accuracy...

Karen
Most Active