Need advice on exercise

Lynski
on 7/12/08 11:13 am - Central, MA

Hello all,

I have a question on excercise and the right way to do it with WLS.

First some background:  In my 20s, I used to excercise often, doing step aerobics, rollerblading, biking etc.  Now I am 41, don't excercise much anymore (both because of a crazy schedule and the old self-esteem issue).  I also have quite a belly from having twins almost 3 years ago.

My question is this:  What would the best type of excercise be for me (after surgery) to minimize any skin sagging and hopefully for my belly to not be a hanging mess?  Maybe walking, light weights??   How often?

I am 240 now and want to get down to 140, at least.  Once I do start losing, I want to take up tennis again also.

Thanks in advance for your help,

Lynne

Scott William
on 7/13/08 12:40 am

I hate to be the bearer of bad news but there is really nothing that you can do.  With luck, you will have good genetics and have good results.  Factors such as how big you were and how long you were that size are also a factor.  Without some plastics, it is really up to luck.

Obviously, any cardio will help you lose and get you in shape.  I would recommend some all around resistance training also.

Scott

Link to my running journal
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1303681

4 full's - 14 halves - 2 goofy's and one Mt. Washington!
Rob S.
on 7/13/08 10:45 am - DE

Actually you can make your life much better by walking five days a week and doing strength training at least twice a week.  You need to agressive about it, and increase weights and distance everytime it becomes too easy.  You'll still have sagging, but it won't be as substantial, and if you build a muscle base under the sagging skin it makes plastic a lot easier.

Rob

Most Active