I did it! My First 5K Race Report

Elisa K.
on 7/13/08 8:58 am - Lumberton, NJ

Thanks so much Mary!!  You know, sometimes when I am out for a run I get a little teary thinking about how far I've come.  It really still amazes me.  It's like I am living a new life, and that was my old life.

JennyA
on 7/13/08 10:15 am - Eagan, MN

Yay Elisa.  You looked great at the finish.  I will also award you style points for the coordinating outfits.

Congratulations!

J

on 7/13/08 11:55 pm - Lumberton, NJ

Haa!!  I am one of those freaks that has to have cute outfits to exercise in.  If I look cute, I run better - LOL!!

JennyA
on 7/14/08 12:05 am - Eagan, MN

What?  That doesn't work for everyone?

J

on 7/13/08 3:10 pm - Barboursville, WV

Careful it can get under your skin. Once I started getting into it I found a local web site that lists local runs and I found that it seems that there is a race going on almost every weekend. I decided to limit it to 1 or 2 a month.

Congrats on a great 5K.

pan head

Elisa K.
on 7/13/08 11:56 pm - Lumberton, NJ

I am looking to do a race a month - I found races through November.  I figure if I sign up for them, I have to keep running/training.  I think it is a good way to keep motivated!!

wjoegreen
on 7/13/08 11:27 pm - Colonial Heights, VA

Congrads on a great run.  Thanks for the pics too,...they are always a fun addition and bonus.  You looked great

Joe Green 
Colonial Heights VA
[email protected]
Elisa K.
on 7/13/08 11:57 pm - Lumberton, NJ

Thanks so much!! 

Linn D.
on 7/14/08 12:16 am - Missoula, MT

Way to go!!!

I'm soooo glad you had a great time for your first 5k!  I love to hear that.

Great pics as well.  Thanks for sharing.  I don't think you'll have any trouble at all improving your time for the next one.

Congrats on a fabulous first 5k race!

Linn

Elisa K.
on 7/14/08 12:46 am - Lumberton, NJ

I hope so Linn!!  Thanks so much!!

Most Active