Lumpy under skin????

kdalpha
on 7/10/08 12:09 pm - Wrightsville Beach, NC

I had RNY 4 mths ago and have been working out with a trainer for over a month, 2x a week, plus yoga, and kayaking.  I have been really working my arms, but this week noticed that the top part of my bicepts, all the way around my arms, on both of them, it is lumpy under the skin.  Its weird feeling.  Its not sqishy, just lumps, tons of them.  Is this the muscle trying to squeeze/shrink the fat?  WTF is this?  I know my body has gone through some trauma, but wondering if anyone knows what this is?  It isnt visible from the outside, not like dimply cottage cheese looking, but feels that way when I rub on my arms.

Linn D.
on 7/11/08 3:35 am - Missoula, MT
I have no idea what that might be, but I'd probably go get it checked out if you think it's a problem.  I tend to err on the side of caution.  Then again if it's not bothering you and doesn't hurt, I'd be surprised if it's anything serious. Linn
suz1015
on 7/11/08 3:38 am
Me too!!! Although, you can see dimpling on mine ... I am hating this. I have guessed it is probably fatty deposits or something. Does anyone know for sure? Funny, when I was heavier, my arms were big, but nothing like this. They look worse now, and I work on them a lot. Ugh. Woah-is me.
misstilly
on 7/11/08 6:03 am - Cosby, TN
My arms feel like that too.  I think it is the fat breaking up, they don't seem to be as bad as they were.  Sue

215/210/117/120
HW/SW/CW/GOAL  I'M AT MY GOAL

megameggs
on 7/13/08 7:50 am - FL

I've got the same thing happening with my arms. I know this sounds gross, but when you're cooking chicken and have to remove the skin... you know how the skin/fat is kind of bumpy? That's what I imagine I'm feeling in my arms. Ick. But it's just more motivation to burn it the heck off through exercise!

Vist my weblog at www.megameggs.wordpress.com

jengadog
on 7/20/08 10:17 am
same thing happened to me i was told it is fat cells as you lose weight your fat cells will shrink..along with exercise it will decrease....i have noticed a difference..i have been training for 1 month now.lost a total of 140 pounds in 18 months......4 months ago i had my arms and breasts done...very happy with results and my exercise program..patty
Most Active