The Dx for my ankle/foot

NicoleLynn
on 7/10/08 10:03 am - Minneapolis, MN
Well, I did not get to go to the doctor today as they had a power outage and called to tell me I might want to go to Urgent Care if it was too bad, so I asked to talk to the PA I was going to see to find out what she reccomends I do.  After explianing all the symptoms and when they started she determined I have an overuse injury and my tendons are  inflammed and angry at me.  So, the treatment....no running/walking until at the earliest Monday, keep it elevated as much as possible and ice for 20 minutes 3 times a day.  If it isn't better by Monday she told me to come in and see her even if that means they have to work me in.  I talked to my sister about it and she said it is fairly common and that when I can start running/walking again to start slow and only do 10-20 minutes so I don't end up back in this spot again.  So, until Monday I am doing Pilates dvd and upper body strength training.  I just hope I will be able to get to where I want to be in time for the race.

"When you see only one set of footprints, it was then that I carried you."

MaryS
on 7/10/08 12:09 pm - Long Island, NY
NicoleLynn, I'm sorry to hear about your dx.  I hope you have a speedy recovery and that you will be able to do your race! Mary

5'6" - 302/155-158 

Check my success story on my surgeon's website: my story
Check my blog: LosingForLife.com
Ran NYC Marathon 11/4/07 5:27:06

NicoleLynn
on 7/10/08 12:35 pm - Minneapolis, MN
Mary~Thank you!  I am already itching to run...I have a feeling it will be a long weekend!

"When you see only one set of footprints, it was then that I carried you."

MaryS
on 7/10/08 12:52 pm - Long Island, NY
I know how you feel, but hang in there.  I hurt my hip last year and I was devasted not to be able to run, I think it was 2 weeks before I could even think about running.  You'll get through this!

5'6" - 302/155-158 

Check my success story on my surgeon's website: my story
Check my blog: LosingForLife.com
Ran NYC Marathon 11/4/07 5:27:06

Linn D.
on 7/11/08 3:31 am - Missoula, MT
Sorry to hear that Nicole, but it really is better to be safe than sorry when injury is involved.  I've been really lucky lately, but I've also (kind of) learned my lesson about doing too much too quickly.  It'll all work out and you'll be good as new in no time! Of course, I'd still go to the doc on Monday and have them work you in just to be sure. Linn
Most Active