Bike partner in Dallas

OCD
on 7/10/08 3:36 am - Mexia, TX

I’m looking for someone to ride with that is a strong rider that can help me work on my miles and speed. I average about 18 to 20 mph and could use somebody to ride with on the days I can barely hold my head up.

donnainhouston
on 7/10/08 9:26 am - League City, TX

I live in Houston, but just wanted to say "Wow!"  That's a great average speed!  I always ride better with someone, but it is so hard to find someone that can keep the same cadence; that's always the challenge with finding a solid riding partner.  

Good luck finding a partner!

Donna

"Pain is temporary. It may last a minute, or an hour or a day, or a year, but eventually it will subside and something else will take its place. If I quit, however, it lasts forever." Lance Armstrong

1texasmom
on 7/12/08 7:12 am

A club may b a good option.  You'd meet several new people and have the option of a variety of speeds.  Check out http://www.greaterdallasbicyclists.com/ and also call the bike shops in your areas.  They usually have their own training groups and have scheduled training rides as well as meets and rallies. I can't remember the anme right now, but there is that big store in north dallas on Preston.

RNY: 11/19/07

SW:260

LW: 140 (January 09)

CW: 180

GW: 155-160

(deactivated member)
on 7/15/08 9:45 pm - Southlake, TX

OCD - I assume you road bike vs. mountain bike.  I do about 40 miles on the weekend of mountain biking.  I love it.  I joined DORBA and FWMBA a few months back and love it.  We have a great group of folks that love to get out and kick up some dirt! 

Dr. Wade Barker is a genius....

Andrew

OCD
on 7/16/08 6:48 am - Mexia, TX

Right now I am on a mountain bike with road tires until I can get the funds saved up for the road bike I need. Hopefully I will have it before the Hotter N Hell next month. I have been ridding with Greater Dallas Bicyclist for about a week now and they seem to be a pretty good group.

Most Active