Any good DVD's?

CourtneyW
on 7/8/08 11:28 am - Richmond, MO
Does anyone have any good exercise DVD recommendations? I think I would like those better, so I could do them in the privacy of my own home and not have to be out in the humid heat of Missouri to get walking or something in. I want something that keeps my heart rate up and isn't hard to follow. I'm just a few months post op and I'm still on the heavy side so I need something I can keep up with.  Also my husband has a Bowflex, do you all have any recommendations on how I could use that? I would like to use it but I don't know what would be a good start and if I would be doing it right for it to be effective.  Thanks for any help?
MaryS
on 7/8/08 10:54 pm - Long Island, NY
Courtney, I've used the Walk Away the Pounds videos by Leslie Sansone and they were pretty good.  I haven't tried them but Hip Hop Abs looks like a lot of fun. Mary

5'6" - 302/155-158 

Check my success story on my surgeon's website: my story
Check my blog: LosingForLife.com
Ran NYC Marathon 11/4/07 5:27:06

CourtneyW
on 7/9/08 11:38 am - Richmond, MO
Thanks I just want on ebay and bought one of her DVD's... I hope you're right :-)
jess-a-roo
on 7/8/08 11:45 pm
I also wanted to suggest the walk away the pounds dvd. I was able to do the shorter walks when I was a new post op, and they can get more intense for when you are further out.
Linn D.
on 7/9/08 1:31 am - Missoula, MT
Courtney, No DVD input from me, but if your husband uses the Bowflex regularly, go ahead and use it with him!  Strength training is good also (2-3X/week) but not in place of the cardio. Linn
stellalukin
on 7/9/08 4:45 am - Cambridge, MA
Hi there!
For years I only worked out in my house- for a pretty small investment I was able to get a really varied workout as often as I wanted.
My favorites for time saving & max benefits were Cathe Friedrich's Cross Train Xpress series. She incorporates 30 min of cardio with 1 body part per day of strength training.
Cathe can be very challenging though. She has a very basic - beginner DVD (basic step), and her choreography stays the same or similar pretty much throughout all her DVDs- so if you can do one, you can probably do them all. She is not all step aerobics by any means, but that is where she started.
I love her because her cuing is excellent, I never got bored, and I was STRONG and very toned.

Her website is www.cathe.com, and if you make it over there, you can click on "ask cathe" to go into the forums. There's also a ton of people there who will make recommendations & put together rotations for you if you tell them what you have, even if it doesn't involve Cathe's products.
"Another day.  Another chance to feel healthy."  

Stacdawg
on 7/12/08 9:14 am

I really love the Firm videos.  I prefer the videos w/out the steps.  I am doing the Total Body Time Crunch now and love it.  They incorporate weights and cardio.  There is a 30 min and 45 min session.  If you're uncoordinated they may be a little difficult but keep w/ it b/c it's SOOO worth it.  Good luck

Most Active