Tuesday~Workouts!!

Mifiremedic
on 7/8/08 6:18 am - MI
Do you follow Jeff Galloways concept? Or just the run walk run concept in general?

Kevin A.
on 7/8/08 7:51 am - Bombay, CA
RNY on 08/21/06 with
I followed it before training for 1/2 marathon and L.A. Aids marathon program used the same concept.
 "You have to be uncompromised in your level of commitment to whatever you are doing, or it can disappear as fast as it appeared." ~Michael Jordan~
Linn D.
on 7/8/08 5:23 am - Missoula, MT
Today was a run day off for me, so it was a 50-min spin class and upper body strength training. Linn
NicoleLynn
on 7/8/08 8:57 am - Minneapolis, MN
I ran 3.25 miles in 32 minutes taking only one, one minute walk break!  Linn and Deanna thanks for the ncouragement I pushed myself and only took that little bresk at the half way point.  Wooohooo!  I know I will be able to do that 5K all running on the 26th!

"When you see only one set of footprints, it was then that I carried you."

Linn D.
on 7/8/08 10:47 am - Missoula, MT
Nicole, I'm proud of you, and knew you could do it all along! Linn
NicoleLynn
on 7/8/08 11:01 am - Minneapolis, MN
Thanks Linn!  Its funny I would get to the point where I thought I needed a break and I would lt out a couple of big sighs and I was fine and good to go some more.  I think overall it was a little slower at times, but I was so happy to only have that one little break...Thursday I am going to shoot for no walk breaks and see what happens!

"When you see only one set of footprints, it was then that I carried you."

MaryS
on 7/8/08 10:51 am - Long Island, NY
I did 25 min on the stationary bike followed by a workout with my trainer - it was great!

5'6" - 302/155-158 

Check my success story on my surgeon's website: my story
Check my blog: LosingForLife.com
Ran NYC Marathon 11/4/07 5:27:06

Soft And Lovely
on 7/8/08 11:12 am - IL
35 mins on stationary bike.  I really don't do as well on that thing because I really don't like it! But I had an appointment w/my surgeon today so there was no time to ride outside before I had to go get my daughter.  Thursday I should be good to go for an outside ride.  Vive la Outdoors!

HW/SW/CW/GW*
7850.8/7119.5/5630.9/3790.4**
*I'm not a big fan of scales.  The real numbers are on my profile.
**Weight on the sun (sure the numbers are high but look how fast you lose!)

Cassie W.
on 7/8/08 12:40 pm
Today was one of those few runs that I just had to struggle through to get to the finish.  The same 10K route that I finished in 57 minutes two weeks ago, took me 71 minutes today.  It was hot.  It was humid.  Even running slow, I couldn't get my heart rate to drop so I slowed to a walk several times.   For all the new runners, these kind of days happen.  Sometimes it's the weather, lack of sleep or fuel, etc.  Don't get discouraged.  There's always another day.  Cassie
"Hard things take time to do. Impossible things take a little longer."

puddin2day
on 7/9/08 1:59 am - Los Angeles, CA
I rode my bike yesterday.  Enjoyed a latte.  Rode home.
Without struggle, there is no progress.

Most Active