Monday exercise ...

Deanna34
on 7/7/08 10:50 am - Salem, OR
Nicole, you are going to do AWESOME for your first 5K!!!  Your time for your 3.25 mile run was really, really good!  You will do great!  I was going to ask you about Yoga ... is it hard to do?  I've been battling the ole selfconsciousness about going to my first Yoga class.  I really want to go but my mind keeps telling me that everyone will stare at me and I'll do everything wrong, etc.  Did you find it hard to pick up on?  --Deanna  :)

"Don't be afraid your life will end; be afraid it will never begin."
--Grace Hansen

Weight lost:  140 pounds

NicoleLynn
on 7/7/08 12:05 pm - Minneapolis, MN
Deanna~Thank you I am hoping to be able to do my 5K in 30 minutes or less.  Yoga, it is not too hard and the teacher will give you modifications you can do if you are not able to do the full pose.  I would start with a beginners class if you have never done yoga before.  Also, people will not be looking at you becasuse in yoga you are so focused on yourself, your, body, breath and mind so there is no time to be looking around at everyone else!  I say go for it!  The great thing about yoga is the emphasis on accepting where you are at today and not feeling like it is a competition, but doing what feels good.  I hope you are able to find a good class to go to!  ~Nicole

"When you see only one set of footprints, it was then that I carried you."

Kevin A.
on 7/7/08 12:47 pm - Bombay, CA
RNY on 08/21/06 with
45 minute spin class & 1 mile run after!!!
 "You have to be uncompromised in your level of commitment to whatever you are doing, or it can disappear as fast as it appeared." ~Michael Jordan~
Cassie W.
on 7/7/08 8:45 pm
Monday was an easy buffet of activities: - 15 minute core - 30 minute strength training - 15 minutes Total Immersion Drill 1 - 20 minutes easy running Cassie
"Hard things take time to do. Impossible things take a little longer."

Sporty Jill
on 7/7/08 9:26 pm - Norfolk, VA
Went to fitness class - aerobics and muscles.  HRM says that i burned over 800 calories - WOOHOO!!!!

Certified Personal Trainer

"I'm tough, ambitious, and I know exactly what I want. if that makes me a bitch, okay." - Madonna
Beginning Weight: 265  Current Weight:143 
So I run like a Girl....now keep up! 

Rob S.
on 7/7/08 9:35 pm - DE
Did a three mile run.   Then went to a seminar on "Why exercise after Gastric Bypass Surgery?" Rob
Dan_P.
on 7/7/08 10:50 pm - Baltimore, MD

2 mile run. 30 minute bodypump.

Most Active