I don't want to be here, but I know I should be

MaryS
on 7/7/08 11:04 pm - Long Island, NY
Elena, Welcome.  It's great that you found something you love to do - it is so much easier if you enjoy the type of exercise you are doing!   Mary

5'6" - 302/155-158 

Check my success story on my surgeon's website: my story
Check my blog: LosingForLife.com
Ran NYC Marathon 11/4/07 5:27:06

marsheeeee
on 7/7/08 11:20 pm - Jackson, MS
Of COURSE we'll take you.  I'm pretty sure we've all had some form of WLS which means the majority of us all started out inexperienced.  That's who this forum is for.  Curves is a good choice for you as you "absolutely" love it - that means you'll stick with it.  You'll be pleasantly surprised how much weight  you'll lose when you start exercising.  (But don't sweat the stalls - you're gaining muscle, remember! The way your clothes start falling off of you will be a better indicator.) Welcome to the Exercise for Lunch (or any other time) Bunch. Marcia
Soft And Lovely
on 7/8/08 12:03 am - IL
Hi and welcome! I'm a newbie too and I'm so glad you've joined us!

HW/SW/CW/GW*
7850.8/7119.5/5630.9/3790.4**
*I'm not a big fan of scales.  The real numbers are on my profile.
**Weight on the sun (sure the numbers are high but look how fast you lose!)

NicoleLynn
on 7/8/08 12:04 am - Minneapolis, MN
WoooHooo another Minnesotan!  Elena, I am so proud of you for making the jump over here!  I am here as well as the Minnesota Board, but find that I get the best advise here when it comes to fitness questions.  Congrats on sigining up for Curves, I have never tried it, but I have heard good things about it.  I think exercise has helped me more than anything and the more you loose the easier it is to move your body which I have found makes it much more enjoyable.  I hope you like it here as much as I do there are some really great, knowledgable people here! ~Nicole

"When you see only one set of footprints, it was then that I carried you."

Seht
on 7/8/08 1:12 am
Welcome! I have always hated exercise.  I loved sporting activities but hated just the mundane running, pushups, lifiting weights etc.  I have started and stopped numerous times, bought many different sets of weights and even a treadmill at one point.  Let's face it, exercising when you were fat or big or whatever just wasn't any fun, it was hard, much harder than it is for those of a "normal" body weight. But now that I am seeing progress with the weight loss, the exercise is getting EASIER , and dare I say even fun on occasion.  I have just pushed myself to keep going.  It has gotten to the point where it has become a habit.  I ride my bike to work, then to the gym after work, then home.  I started easy just trying to walk, and now I'm running if you can call it that.  But what's important is it has become a part of my daily routine now.  I actually feel bad when I miss a day or two.   Even though I have those misses, and I can feel it in my body, it is easy to fall into that trap of not going.  Excuses are easy and not going gets easier and easier.  I don't want to fall into that trap again. It's nice to meet you, and welcome to the forum. Scott

The first time you do something - It's going to be a personal record!

Yelena K.
on 7/8/08 3:56 am - Plymouth, MN
Thanks Scott! I'm just like you... love sporting events... I played hockey for 6 years... but mundane exercise... a toughy for me.

2019: 11 years out and maintaining a loss of 150lbs.

Follow me:

www.morethanmyweight.com

www.facebook.com/morethanmyweight

www.youtube.com/morethanmyweight

prek-3
on 7/8/08 6:10 am - Hollywood, FL
Hi Elena! I'm a Bander too! I just came on to this forum the other day. My dream to walk a marathon (half marathon). I think this is a great place to be if you are serious about reaching your health goal! Have you signed up on the Lapband July Exercise Challenge? I'm hosting it for the month, hope to see you around here too! Prek-3

Nov 10,2009 I reached GOALL BYE  BYE  130 POUNDS! It wasn't about the FOOD, it was about what was eating at YOU!  Time for a Head adjustment!    **July 2011 Plastic Surgery Lower Body Lift

Exercise    is not a LUXURY!

Exercise  is a  NECESSITY

turtle829
on 7/11/08 5:52 am
Revision on 08/04/15
we have some things in common.  I, too, enjoy sports more than exercising.  I miss playing softball/volleyball.  I thought once I lost some weight that I may be able to return to at least softball.  But my knees are an issue.  So, for now, I am walking a lot, some weights for upper body... can not do anything weight bearing with my knees.... doctor said knee surgery is coming... I don't want to ru****  I would have loved to become a jogger... but I am going to try bicycling..  letting the bicycle carry the weight... and not my poor knees taking the jarring of my weight....   I got my old / new looking mountain bike out of storage... I am joining some ladies for an early ride in the am...  I need to learn to work the gears...  wish me luck... and endurance... lol
Yelena K.
on 7/11/08 6:30 am - Plymouth, MN
You'll do great! I can't wait to be where you are!

2019: 11 years out and maintaining a loss of 150lbs.

Follow me:

www.morethanmyweight.com

www.facebook.com/morethanmyweight

www.youtube.com/morethanmyweight

Most Active