I don't want to be here, but I know I should be

Yelena K.
on 7/7/08 10:16 am - Plymouth, MN
Ok....I do....but I have never been good at keeping an exercise regiment. I am just starting out. I am almost 2 months out from surgery and 42lbs down. Now I need exercise to help me.

I'd love to be a member of this forum, if you'll take me...unexperienced and all.

I signed up for Curves and I am planning to go 5-6 days a week. I tried the free week and absolutely loved it. It was exactly what I was looking for.

Nice to meet you all!

2019: 11 years out and maintaining a loss of 150lbs.

Follow me:

www.morethanmyweight.com

www.facebook.com/morethanmyweight

www.youtube.com/morethanmyweight

misstilly
on 7/7/08 1:12 pm - Cosby, TN
Hi wlecome.    You will really be glad that you have started exercising.  You will see a difference in how you feel,  I am so glad that I did.  I have never been one to exercise, but I find now that it is rewarding.  I have started running and it makes me feel like I am really accomplishing something.  Welcom again. Sue

215/210/117/120
HW/SW/CW/GOAL  I'M AT MY GOAL

panhead58fl
on 7/7/08 1:27 pm - Barboursville, WV

Welcome,       My only advice is to go slow and easy. I started by walking. I know that sounds to easy, but it is true. The thing is to make time to do it on a consistent basis. I started by walking every day at lunch. Only when I made time to do it every day did I really get in to it. After that, one day I was running after my grandson in my yard, long story short I now have been running in 5k's and one 10k. Would have never dreamed of that 19 months ago.  I have found lots of inspiration reading the posts on this forum. I think you will find people at every level, doing everything from cycling to to triathilons. Find what you enjoy and go for it. Then start posting what you are doing. pan head

wjoegreen
on 7/7/08 1:31 pm - Colonial Heights, VA
Walking is the most exccellent thang you can do to tighten up and build endurance.  Get you protein and water,...take your supplements and especially your B12.  As my walking transformed to jogging during tht 4-6 month mark, I needed to up my protein intake and add potassium to my vitamin regiment to beat the fatigue and exhaustion I felt. Just do what keeps you motivated and moving.  We aren't breaking any records, but we are doing more than we have ever sone before and it is worth shouting about and the people on this forum understand the pride and sense of accomplishment whether its 2 miles or 26.  We all had to start and getting started is the most important part. Keep the WOW moments going... Joe
Joe Green 
Colonial Heights VA
[email protected]
Yelena K.
on 7/7/08 2:07 pm - Plymouth, MN
Hey! Nice to meet you! I had the LapBand so some of the vitamin requirements are different...but you got me thinking..... I will ask my doctor about vitamins having to do with exercise the next time I am in. I really appreciate it!!!

Follow me:

www.morethanmyweight.com

Stephen D.
on 7/7/08 4:36 pm - Rockville, IN

Joe,  I have learned in all my years of weight loss that you should, breath in through your nose for four steps and out through your mouth in two steps, fill lungs and stomach full with air and breath out with a quick force. this keeps the mouth from drying out and also exercises the abs while walking. Before my flareup of back problems I could walk 5 miles and not need a water bottle. I am trying to get a surgery date and hope to have one soon. I lost 80 lbss with this walking technique in 2006 and regained it in 2007. When I could no longer do the walking. The counting your breath centers your focus and the distance fades away. I logged on first as buffy09 and my name is  Stephen Dunn Ps Give it a try!

Linn D.
on 7/7/08 2:01 pm - Missoula, MT
Elena, Just in case you thought I might be a little condescending in my previous post to you, allow me to explain... I'm one of the weirdos whose main reason for having WLS was to be able to move without so much pain so that I could attain some of my fitness goals.  Before I had surgery I worked out hard and heavy 5 days a week for an hour at a time and only lost 15# in 8 months.  Ever since I was in high school (graduated in 1984) I wanted to do an ironman after I saw one on TV. I was an athlete in high school even though I was a bigger girl, and have always loved to move.  I love music and dancing as well.  It was high time I was able to do it with much less pain. I firmly believe that the PRIMARY benefit of exercise is health.  Even if you never lose another pound, if you remain consistently active, you'll receive all the health benefits from it - including more even moods throughout the month. Exercise and reaching some of my goals is what really keeps me going.  It is my primary stress reliever as well, so I'd be lost without it - especially seeing what it's done for me and others I know. All are welcome in this forum and there is nothing but encouragement for all! Linn
Yelena K.
on 7/7/08 2:06 pm - Plymouth, MN
Oh no problem. I have thick skin....I work in TV news....lolol. Glad to meet you all!!!!!

Follow me:

www.morethanmyweight.com

Scott William
on 7/7/08 2:55 pm
"I'd love to be a member of this forum, if you'll take me...unexperienced and all". How else can I satisfy my need to be a know it all if not for people who are new and inexperienced. Welcome.  Come on in and ask away.
Scott

Link to my running journal
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1303681

4 full's - 14 halves - 2 goofy's and one Mt. Washington!
Yelena K.
on 7/7/08 10:38 pm - Plymouth, MN

Follow me:

www.morethanmyweight.com

Most Active