Jeff Galloway- Run Walk Run

Mifiremedic
on 7/7/08 3:32 am - MI
A buddy of mine who I competed with this weekend at the triathlon told me he follows Jeff Galloways RunWalkRun training method.

He says he will Run/Walk for 90 minutes. This builds up his stamina, and keeps down injury.

I have looked in the local libraries, and book store with no luck. Can any of you fone folks give me some more information on this method.

My thought is to use this towards my training for the Half or Full Marathon this October.

Thanks in advance.

Curt
Rob S.
on 7/7/08 4:18 am - DE
Check out amazon or barnes and noble.  Jeff Galoway has about six books.  One is Galloway's Book on Running 2 Ed , also Marathon: You Can Do It!, and Half-Marathon: You Can Do It .  They are all quick reads. Rob
kypdurran
on 7/7/08 4:21 am - Baton Rouge, LA

Try searching for Gallowalking. 

Scott William
on 7/7/08 6:04 am
I buy many of my books on Amazon.com.  Go there and do a search for Jeff Galloway.  I use the run/walk method for any race 10K and up.  I can do a marathon and feel fine by day two.  Sometimes, I'll even sneak a walk break into a 5K.  That is usually because I just went out too fast.  Right now I am training for an 11.6 mile race on August 2 with a 4 minute run to one minute walk ratio.  I have run this race twice and it has been in the 90's both times.  With that heat, I am not proving anything by killing myself.  Last year, I had cramps all night that were due to dehydration.  Hopefully this year will be better if I stick to the walk breaks early. 
Scott

Link to my running journal
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1303681

4 full's - 14 halves - 2 goofy's and one Mt. Washington!
Mifiremedic
on 7/7/08 6:22 am - MI
Okay, Well I did it, I found the book at a local Barnes and Noble. I decided on "Half Marathon: You Can Do It", by Jeff Galloway.

Thanks

Curt
Most Active